• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Letter from Prater RE current issues:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If so, he can feel those free market forces.... maybe take that great ATR job in India he keeps advocating...

I hear Allegiant is getting some 757's. Maybe he can get hired there as a $70/hr. 757 Captain and see how wonderful life is on the non-union side of the industry.

I hear Allegiant is getting some 757's. Maybe he can get hired there as a $70/hr. 757 Captain and see how wonderful life is on the non-union side of the industry.

People take for granted and expect what has becomes common place. Current levels of obtainment are not motivators... said another way "what have you done for me lately....." is what he is really all about...

Then again.... he failed misrably at being an ALPA officer.... lost meeting minutes or refused to turn them in... depending on his story. He couldn't succeed at being an ALPA officer so his ego requires ALPA to fail....

I thought that I read that there was a Mesa guy on the panel? I'll try to find where I read it.

Mesa, Continental, United, Delta, and FedEx—but on this panel they will be ALPA experts and leaders who will represent all 54,000 of us.

I stand corrected but I'd still like see more of them!

I stand corrected but I'd still like see more of them!

Yeah, you're probably right. It might have been good to have 2 regional guys, 2 major guys, and a cargo guy instead. I'm glad it's a Mesa guy though, considering the abuse they go through there compared to a more "mature" regional like Eagle or similar (not that they aren't abused too). Hopefully he'll be able to relate the stand-ups, the sleeping on the airplane overnight, the ridiculous block-to-block min rest, the having to "shame" Mesa into providing one lousy hotel room for its pilots through the media, etc., etc. Regardless, let's hope something good comes out of this stuff.

Latest resources

Back