Letter from Cactus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pan1900 said:
Well it seems the cat is coming out of the bag. I got the same thing happen to me. They mailed me an application. I typed it up. No letters of recommend.. I paid, mailed it out, & two weeks later I got the reject letter. They didn't even keep me on file for a year. Sounds to me they are taking people money,& aswell as hopes!

6500tt(121), 2 types.

Pan, what color was the app you submitted??? The reason that I ask is, I think that the old apps are no longer being accepted or even kept on file for that matter. they were kind of brownish in color.

When I submitted my application(S) two at the same time I sent one in by itself and the other I sent to a friend that flys there who did an LOR for me and turned it in. I then asked yet another buddy to do one and then got the call.

Second, I see that you list the guppy as one of your a/c flown. Are you a furlough?? This is just a RUMOR but I have heard in the past that furloughee's are not taken. AGAIN I CANNOT CONFIRM THIS so no attacks please, again just something that I heard.

WD.

No, I am not furlough.
I am current Capt at a Regional. They mailed me an application after I submited a resume. I dont remember the color of the appplication because its been a year now. I did typed the application,& sent it out immediately after they sent it to me. I just thought what they did was extremly tacky. They wont be getting my money again!!

Airline Stupidity

After reading all these posts, I realized two things....Mr. Aviation isn't worth reading if he continues to write inflamitory things like that, and it seems that you guys have forgotton that "all" airlines work this way. The management in this industry is ALWAYS jumping over dollars to pick up dimes. My airline would rather cancel a dozen flights in one day than hire 10 more pilots to NOT piss off their already shrinking customer base.

Keep the faith guys, the industry has to turn around eventually. The question is do we all have enough room on our credit cards to last that long.......

Alright Crs,

I'll bite...... You say all Airlines that do this kind of "thing" or work like this. I have been around the block now one and a half times and I still have not seen ANY airline send out a rejection letter to any pilot they have not INTERVIEWED and then tell them thanks for applying since 98-99 but your app will be purged from our system and you'll be ELIGIBLE to REAPPLY in a year. WTFO? So I really would like to hear if anybody has seen something like this before? And if you have.....well...... equiring minds and all that........

clarification

Okay, maybe I wasn't clear enough or you missed my point.

What I'm saying is that airlines are always doing
"this kind of thing." Whatever it is. I'm not saying all airlines send rejection letters to applicants w/o interviews. I am saying that airline management is dumb enough to spend money on something they don't need too.

Wiskey Driver said:
Pan, what color was the app you submitted??? WD.

There you go again, WD, turning everything into a racial issue. White application, brown application- can;t we all just get along?

Heh-heh.

Howyadoing?????

Ty Webb said:
There you go again, WD, turning everything into a racial issue. White application, brown application- can;t we all just get along?

Heh-heh.

Howyadoing?????

Ty that was almost funny!!!!! :D :D :D

Oh well I guess I need to get ready for Airbus School

WD.

Whisky,

Congrats on your job with AWA. Were you told that you would be put in an Airbus class or were you offered a choice of aircraft?

Ok guys maybe I am wrong but I think you overqualyfied.
I think the deal is none of you for what concern to your experience would stay there in a long term or some of you are on fourloughed and they know you not going to give up your seniority numbers.
I think that is what's going on there.
And no ofense you guys with a bunch of type ratings and already with a job why you still sending out resumes or filling up app's??

GOD bless you :)

Heavy Set said:
Whisky,

Congrats on your job with AWA. Were you told that you would be put in an Airbus class or were you offered a choice of aircraft?

Thanks HS. I was ask if I could attend a certain date and which a/c!!!

WD.

Latest resources

Back