Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enigma

good ol boy
I applied to Cactus in 1999 and updated once (October 2002)when they sent a letter out asking for me to update if I was still interested. I did update at that time, but haven't updated at any other time. I didn't update because I really don't have a burning desire to work for AmericaWest. I did when I originally applied, but lost that desire when I upgraded at NK.

I received a letter from Ms. Tracy Takara yesterday informing me that Cactus was not able to offer me an interview, and that they would deactivate my application.

This is fine with me, but I am curious to find out what prompted this letter.

Is Cactus purging their files so that they can reorganize?

Did my failure to update ever six weeks show my lack of interest?

Does Cactus have so many apps on file that they can reject me? I am a fairly high time pilot with a bachelors and a clean record, who is a current 121 narrowbody Captain. Are there really that many pilots available so as to put me in the reject for interview stack.

As I said, it's no great loss for me that Cactus doesn't want to interview me; However, it scares the heck out of me because I DO want for SWA to be interested in me and I thought that I was well enough qualified to gain a major airlines interest.

I suspect that my lack of interest in Cactus showed because I failed to update.

What do ya'll think?

regards,
enigma

I think it was because they were angry about your Avatar change. They liked the rusting old tractor, and the witty way that it gave clarity to your choice of screen names. Without it, you now seem less relevant to them, and they decided to cast you off like an old prom dress.

Just kidding. I'll ask a AWA buddy to find out what's going on.

If I find out, will you put the tractor back?

TW

Ty Webb said:
I think it was because they were angry about your Avatar change. They liked the rusting old tractor, and the witty way that it gave clarity to your choice of screen names. Without it, you now seem less relevant to them, and they decided to cast you off like an old prom dress.

Just kidding. I'll ask a AWA buddy to find out what's going on.

If I find out, will you put the tractor back?

TW

The avatar change page won't load. I've tried a few times the last few weeks and all I get is a message that the page was unavailable. I'll continue to attempt a change periodically.

Unfortunately, I haven't run the old girl for a couple of months. I leased out my pasture to a local cattle breeder and he takes care of shredding, etc. I need to get off my behind, and away from this computer, and get her running.

cheers,
8N

Enigma,
I'm thinking that that is standard procedure at the airlines. I received the same thing from Southwest a couple of years ago. I actually had an interview there but cancelled it, then they wrote me the letter about six months later. Take care.

NightFlyer

I applied in 99 as well and updated as well within a year or so. I have received nothing and when I tried to check on the status, it was like I was trying to make a personal call to the President.

Enigma,

I just got the same letter.:( Ironically, I just called yesterday and left a message with Recruitment to check the status of my app. I don't quite know what to make of it. What kind of quals do they want? Very depressing to have the app in since 99 and "we are unable to offer you an interview at this time". Maybe not having a letter is the difference? Oh well, I can reapply in a year and by then I will have added my 737 type and most likely a Challenger type, too. That certainly couldn't hurt.

Red

Red,

Its not going to make a bit of difference..... I just got the same letter and Not only am I typed in the bus, but Im current and qualifed in the left and right seat. I also got trained with Delta on the 737 had two letters of recommendation and still nothing until this letter arrived today. The part of the letter that is a joke, is the fact that we are not eligible to APPLY for another year. What the f$%k is that? I could understand if I interviewed and then got turned down, but this is what we get for being in the system and trying for 4 years? LOL..... what a freaking joke.....And just to add a little salt to the wound, my buddy at ALG is interviewing on Friday the 31st and the biggest thing he's flown is the analog Dash 8's and no 4 year degree. I am honestly very happy for him and wish him the best. Im also not cutting down any Dash drivers, but with the vast amount of A-320, 737,and 757 guys out there, I thought it would be a little more competetive. (Time in type kind of thing)

IMO....Not only is AWA stupid for sending an idiotic letter out like this, but the fact that they have spent MONEY to send out this letter to people they haven't even interviewed shows their lack of brain power. And sure enough, the person in charge of this will get a promotion and work their way up into the CEO chair someday. Nope, not bitter at all, not me:D :D :D

Networ-King said:

IMO....Not only is AWA stupid for sending an idiotic letter out like this, but the fact that they have spent MONEY to send out this letter to people they haven't even interviewed shows their lack of brain power. And sure enough, the person in charge of this will get a promotion and work their way up into the CEO chair someday. Nope, not bitter at all, not me:D :D :D

Networ-King,

Neither do I see a reason for the letter. Neither am I bitter. Seriously, not bitter. I happen to be related to a bitter person who has just about ruined her life because of bitterness about the breakup of a relationship. She is pitiful. Please don't let bitterness affect your life. End of rant.

I'm more amused than anything else. Here I am, WITH a job, making about as much as a Cactus Captain and at at company that is apparently in better financial condition that is Cactus; and they decide that I am not a candidate who is qualified for an interview. I guess that I should resign from Spirit. Obviously, I am not qualified to carry around 164 pax. Not bitter, but seriously sarcastic.

:)

regards,
enigma

For what it's worth, I applied in 1997 and updated my resume in the Fall of 98. A week or two later they sent me a letter telling me that I was unqualified and would have to wait for a year to reapply. A week or two later to my surprise I received an application from AWA so I filled it out and sent it back in. 4 months later I got a call, made the interview and got the job! The hiring folks seemed to be winging it and never even knew that I had applied before. The moral of this story is don't give up and send them another app, get someone you know at Cactus to go into HR for ya, it worked for alot of people when I was there in 99.

Networ-King, Enigma,

If you guys aren't qualified I'll eat my spruced-up, ready-to-mail Cactus-update. Oh, that's right...I could eat the update or wipe my butt with it! It won't matter for a year! There goes a bunch of seniority.

Keep the faith...

BTW Enigma, rode you guys the other week for the first time. Good experience.

Red

Latest resources

Back