• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lets talk unions....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah XPOO - I do already know. I was being somewhat sarcastic and yet somewhat serious. Some of what you said is true - but some is a bit of a stretch, IMO.

You are correct IMO, no union needed here.

We may have the technology, but tell me, how long has that multi-million dollar communications system been sitting idle at the Coordinator desks? And why can't we even turn them on? And don't get me started on the software programming issues.

Releases per desk aren't as bad as 70 in a ten hour shift. 1645 flights / 28 dispatchers = 59 releases. Even if you drop it down to 25 per day, still only 65 releases per desk. And if the E120 desks are bulkier, then that brings the rest of the desks down a couple. Today, I've got 54.

Equipment fixed? You haven't been here long have you? Yes, things get fixed - eventually.

Pay scale is slipping fast and Management won't discuss with us any adjustments. Company is making HUGE profits but do we get cost of living? (Sorry, now I'm sounding like an ASA pilot, d'oh!)

OT is available and trade what ya want, but don’t expect to get your PTO accrual for those hours.

Live in SGU and have to do your 5 hours on the CRJ? Well, good luck getting to LAX or SLC. Even better, hope you can get back - 'cause you won't get The Company to cover your hotel cost when you get bumped.

For the most part, yes. We got it good here at SkyWest. But your painting of this picture sounds like it was taken from the first day lecture at AFDTC if ya know what I mean.

Send in your resumes, we do have a good, solid company here, good work rules, and good people working here. And better yet, no union dues.

You're killing me. Okay, let's play take and give. I don't accrue any PTO on overtime worked. However, one overnight shift worked and I get paid like I did it every day for the whole two weeks. I may bitch about the first one, but I definately aint bitching about the second one. Instead of focusing on the negatives, because there will always be them, start looking at the positives flyjumpseat.

XPOO said:
Why is anyone even giving this Union flame-baiter more fuel for his fire? Ignore the @sshole and move on. We all know unions are not beneficial to the overall group of dispatchers at a company. He's just mad that we already knew this and he had to find out the hard way!

I have known this for a long time. If you read back in the tread you will see this is not my first dance with a union, and I'm not mad just amazed that so many people in this office swallowed everything the union said. So no, not everyone knows "unions are not beneficial to the overall group of dispatchers at a company." The dispatchers at this one are going to have to find out the hard way. At least you got half of it right.

The @sshole

XPOO said:
And sorry again 405, I was talking about ShutupandFly when I made the flame-bait remark. Not you, you're cool.

Isn't that sweet? Hey man you have an admirer.

Well, you kept coming back with pro-union banter, pick a side, quit flip-flopping.

XPOO said:
Well, you kept coming back with pro-union banter, pick a side, quit flip-flopping.

Pro-union banter, oh my god you realy need to take your time and pay attention to what your reading. I don't think anyone on this tread has any doubt where I stand on this issue.

Dude, I was telling you to quit giving flame-bait to whoever you were talking to about the whole letter that disappointed so-and-so. Forget, I'm done explaining. Over and Out.

XPOO said:
Dude, I was telling you to quit giving flame-bait to whoever you were talking to about the whole letter that disappointed so-and-so. Forget, I'm done explaining. Over and Out.

???????????????????
Man you are starting to sound like my ex-wife.

Copied from the "Where are the crew schedulers?" thread:

ss9e said:
isn't it amazing! how long have they been saying this would happen? 2+ years? see, there is some sort of progress without a contract...

So you actually think dispatchers not having to type crew names anymore is a product of the union?

Latest resources

Back