• Start date
  • Watchers 18

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No it doesn't. At AirTran we just kicked out our worthless independent union and voted in ALPA because independent unions are nothing more than a giant toilet where your cash gets flushed every month. The improvement since getting ALPA on the property has been incredible.

Did ALPA make you feel special over at Airtran? Did they tell you they would nickel and dime your little low cost carrier right out of business? What improvements have you seen?

Wtf?!

ALPA doesn't care about your revenue.

I don't know how you can click submit after typing something as idoitic as this statement. Whatever drugs you are on, you either took too much or not enough.

No it doesn't. At AirTran we just kicked out our worthless independent union and voted in ALPA because independent unions are nothing more than a giant toilet where your cash gets flushed every month. The improvement since getting ALPA on the property has been incredible.

Getting rid of a carrier like ASA would be a break-even proposition for ALPA. You don't bring in any excess revenue. Only the legacies bring in more money than they spend. ALPA doesn't care about your revenue. They want to represent all pilots because it's best for all of us. One union gives our profession the most leverage.

Excuse me a moment while I replace the batteries in my Bull Sh!t detector.

W

Like I figured. No answer.

Let's just hope that when the Union elections start up again, you are not involved with this group of pilots who are going to take a run at it.

Nice. GMAFB. What are you going to do huh? You gonna do something? You gonna have a bunch of big union thugs around?
Spare us.

W

I am tired of lame old ALPA and their tired old game. Let's start an in-house union at ASA. The dues would be less expensive and the service would be better. How do you vote out a union? I will ask my friends at US Air and see what it takes. It's time for a change.

Look, I'm sorry you're getting displaced. But that's because of the company cutting back -- I think your blame is misplaced to focus it on the union.

However I have a serious question for you. Why have you not tried to recall the reps if they're not doing what you want? If you are serious about this, that should have been your first step.

If you start a new in-house union, there will be a point where the leadership will do something that you do not agree with. How will you handle that then? Will you throw the union out and try to bring in the Teamsters this time?

Recalling the Reps would still leave ALPA in place, stealing 2% of my salary and producing no significant value. If we have an in-house union, at least the decisions we make will be our own, along with any mistakes.

This will pass when we get some good news around this joint. Be it skywest furloughs or more flying, until then someone is going to get the blame. The company is happy about how alpa looks right now.

Nice. GMAFB. What are you going to do huh? You gonna do something? You gonna have a bunch of big union thugs around?
Spare us.

W

Re-read as necessary. I am looking forward to seeing who is involved with the group who keeps claiming they are waiting for the right time to announce their intentions.

I just hope it's a group of people with more than Sunlitpath's narrow viewpoint.

No need to dump ALPA as a whole. You don't like the way things are going here, change the leadership at ASA.

What are you going to do Dubya? Beat me up? Pretty comical. GMAFB!!

Latest resources

Back