• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's hear your best "I Quit" story....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's bordering on unprofessional. What happens to the innocent passengers in that case? That's sorta like a doctor who walks out on a woman while delivering her baby - completely unnecessary but real cool... I hope he found his dream job because he won't be getting any references I am sure.

I don't know what happened of him.... Crap like that happened a lot at Colgan.

if they paid the professionals to act like professionals, maybe people wouldn't be doing things like that.

That's bordering on unprofessional. What happens to the innocent passengers in that case? That's sorta like a doctor who walks out on a woman while delivering her baby - completely unnecessary but real cool... I hope he found his dream job because he won't be getting any references I am sure.

Just like when the company gives you your furlough notice right before the holidays. When the shoe is on the other foot, do you think that management gives a care?

Just like when the company gives you your furlough notice right before the holidays. When the shoe is on the other foot, do you think that management gives a care?

True, but more often than not, do you think the company sweating a reference from the employee?

so he called me a prick

"I quit" while running (flying for a little carrier in AK)

Was caught walking into the office with my 2-weeks notice...asked by the company check-airman, "what the hell have you been up to?" Told him I had employment elsewhere...he threw his cigarette at me and began to chase me around my truck...he later became winded, about which time I asked, "Sir, have you ever flown a large category transportation jet?" He stated, "NO!" I said oh...."I AM!" he called me a prick and I left.

if they paid the professionals to act like professionals, maybe people wouldn't be doing things like that.

Bull$hit. People know the pay scales before they walk into the interview. That dog won't hunt here.

It all comes down to Character, Integrity, and Maturity. Those traits determine professional behavior, not money.

I had a professor in college that was trying to make a point about professionalism...his statement was that the aviation industry is as large as the fastest airplane. Regardless of how you decide to leave a company, your reputation will follow you. I have the position I have now based on a positive recommendation from a previous chief pilot. That was a surprise to me being that he never told me about it. With that said I have also left companies under circumstances that I wish where different. I had to lie to a previous employer to attend an interview. I wish I could have been truthful, but the reality was that it would have had a negative effect on my employment and time off was next to impossible...thus why I left.

Now getting off my soap box....I had a non-flying job with a large corporation way back when. Rather than getting raises we received stock in the company. There was a rumor of a buy out in the wind...when it came through the stock was worth a ton. Lets just say that those of us who where vested all gave notice that Friday. I think half the company left in 2 weeks with fist fulls of cash!

I agree that its unprofessional and you define yourself regardless of pay or position; I would like to think I'd never screw a crew member or pax that way. But on the other hand its a bunch of BS. All these companies expect us to be a professional representative at all times but they go on doing things that are unprofessional and screw the pax. Such as overbooking flights or booking flights with inadequate staffing as 2 minor examples. My example is American eagle 2 years in a row same flight DFW-CMH. I was trying to get home after annual recurrent at simuflite. Both times a 2 hour delay becasue they had no crew!!

Last edited:
I heard of one crazy dude trompin out of the chief pilot's office throwin verbal 2 week notices around but I think his nomenclature was not in align with the matrices of world class processes.

He was one of those right wing gun owners though..........

I heard of one crazy dude trompin out of the chief pilot's office throwin verbal 2 week notices around but I think his nomenclature was not in align with the matrices of world class processes.

He was one of those right wing gun owners though..........

OMG. Uncle Rico lured out of retirement! I cannot belive it. Nice avatar dude.

Latest resources

Back