Let's hear your best "I Quit" story....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Coool Hand Luke

...I heard today (reliable source) that a pilot quit down in Cabo in Mexico and left the pax stranded.

Answered a question by a visting company VIP and ended up in a empty conference room answering the rest of his questions. Told VIP exactly what was wrong with the way the corporate IT department was running things. Didn't know he was THE company VP and heads were rolling all around me, he'd already fired four of the ten member team and was making cuts at the national level, too. Told 'im "I am so frustrated that I am ready to quit, check that, I quit." Handed him my ID badge and left.

They sent me a letter the next week thanking me for my dedicated service.

Sure. I was standing next to my friend when he receives a call. The guy wanted to know if he wanted to fly a two-day trip on Monday-Tuesday. My friends asks what time the trip leaves on Monday and the guy tells him that he will have to airline down to Mexico on Monday and then fly back on Tuesday. He explains that both he and the airplane are already in Cabo but that his co-pilot quit and left the them stranded.

One way to say "I quit"

There's an old story about the probationary pilot who refused to do a walk-around inspection in the rain, saying "It flew in, it'll fly out."

one captain at my company was asking for time off to do a drug test for his new job that he didnt give notice about. in the DO's office, DO is giving him a hard time about getting a day off. pager goes off, he calls dispatch infront of DO and says he cant do the trip cause he quits.

one captain at my company was asking for time off to do a drug test for his new job that he didnt give notice about. in the DO's office, DO is giving him a hard time about getting a day off. pager goes off, he calls dispatch infront of DO and says he cant do the trip cause he quits.

Priceless!

When I was at Colgan, a Saab flew into LGA from PWM for a quick turn back to PWM. FO tells the Captain that he's going in to grab some breakfast and he'll be back in a few.

FO walks through the terminal and out the front door into his girlfriends car and leaves...... He called scheduling at some point on the drive home and gave his notice.

This was sometime in late 01 or early 02 I think.

When I was at Colgan, a Saab flew into LGA from PWM for a quick turn back to PWM. FO tells the Captain that he's going in to grab some breakfast and he'll be back in a few.

FO walks through the terminal and out the front door into his girlfriends car and leaves...... He called scheduling at some point on the drive home and gave his notice.

This was sometime in late 01 or early 02 I think.

That's bordering on unprofessional. What happens to the innocent passengers in that case? That's sorta like a doctor who walks out on a woman while delivering her baby - completely unnecessary but real cool... I hope he found his dream job because he won't be getting any references I am sure.

Latest resources

Back