Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Simon Says

New Airbus Regional Jet
NetJets = NJA = Contract Negotiations = Live within 3 hours or 100 miles from gateway city

Flight Options = NJI= Happy with their contract = Live near an airport with 121 service

Citation Shares = CS = non union = I have now idea where you can live

Just trying to get everything straight from you all. If I am wrong please correct me.

NJA = Sounds correct

Flight Options - NJI - Citation Shares = All may be partially correct, BUT-

None of these three are operating under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement (i.e., non-union). I can't speak for NJI or CS, but times are a changin' at Flight Options. The domicile policy is changing on the fly. Airports that have been ok in the past are being eliminated. And worse, today, there's not a doggone thing pilots can do about it, except hope their domicile doesn't get axed.

FLOPS not = NJI

Simon,

NJI is the sister company of NJA. They operate Gulfstreams only. They have a liberal domicile policy and seem to be the happiest amongst the fractional pilots. They have no contract, as they are non-union.

Flight Options has a liberal domicile policy (for now) and PDX would most certainly qualify. We are non-union, but we need one.

Frac Daddy said:
We are non-union, but we need one.

Why is that? So you can enjoy the benefits of Union represationjust as the overpaid guys at NetJets have. Let's break it down:Net Jets is the largest fractional, only one with a union, and theymake the least. Oh yeah, you really need a union.

Simon Says said:
Citation Shares = CS = non union = I have now idea where you can live

Just trying to get everything straight from you all. If I am wrong please correct me.

Maybe instead of "trying to get everything straight from you all", you could do a little research on your own. Citation Shares lists their domiciles on their website, and tells you that you must live within 2 hours drive time of one of these domiciles. I hear they are strict about this and you must actually move. No commuting, no crashpads. Spend about 3 minutes on their website and then you will not have "now idea where you can live".

I'm amazed anyone would have to point out the obvious, since you are evidently considering the fractionals. Do some homework instead of relying on "you all".

Frac Daddy said:
Simon,

NJI is the sister company of NJA. They operate Gulfstreams only. They have a liberal domicile policy and seem to be the happiest amongst the fractional pilots. They have no contract, as they are non-union.

That's because they are the highest paid of all the fractional pilots (with the possible except of the NJA guys who fly their 3 BBJ's) and have a management commited to using the first and last days of their duty period as travel days.

GV

HawkerF/O said:
Why is that? So you can enjoy the benefits of Union represationjust as the overpaid guys at NetJets have. Let's break it down:Net Jets is the largest fractional, only one with a union, and theymake the least. Oh yeah, you really need a union.

Is that all you guys are negotiating for is pay? I didn't think so. Pay is only a fraction of what makes a place a good place to work (granted a large portion), but there are other QOL issues that can be protected and negotiated. At least with a union at NJA your QOL hasn't gone DOWN, it just hasn't gone up.

GVFlyer said:
That's because they are the highest paid of all the fractional pilots (with the possible except of the NJA guys who fly their 3 BBJ's) and have a management commited to using the first and last days of their duty period as travel days.

GV
Not that it matters much, but it's 4 BBJs soon to be 5.

NJI Losing money?

Can someone point me to a financial statement or the like that shows that NJI (and NJA, EJM etc) are loosing money? I keep seeing this on the thread and have not seen anything to substantiate it. NetJets (all of the divisions) are privately held (Berkshire Hathaway) and are not required to report any financials. I would love to see a report.

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back