• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Legality of Storing Fingerprints?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...there is no way that you can escape...Mexico? ...is no such thing as privacy, you should just go get alot of water and live in a cave heavily armed and scared out of your mind that the boogie man is coming for you...face it, once they've got the prints your life will never be the same...
I don't think you want to get caught in Mexico with guns on your person.

As far as mr. privacy advocate goes...if he's so interested in privacy, what is he doing posting stupid questions on the internet? With "carnivore" and the "patriot act", he's got nowhere to hide in cyberspace and with having pilot certificates, tax returns, a social security number, a drivers license and credit cards...he's got no privacy left outside of cyberspace.

If he gives me his last name and first initial, I can search his state's court records without probably having to pay a dime...here is the wisconsin site for looking up court records...it's free!

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl

In addition, our state DMV sells your information to people looking at using your information for marketing...there's no privacy.

Chances are our Mr. Privacy advocate went to the mall today or was on a public street. His activities were recorded by private cameras, cameras owned by the government or even the laser scanner at the grocery store.

Those laser scanners collect your sales transaction data and it is sold to marketing research companies that do studies. The little bar code tag you keep on your key ring to get a few cents off the bill when checking out, help to tag you as a customer.

We just had a crime in our area solved by the police asking for video tapes from places like the gas stations in the vicinity of the crime. This college girl from minnesota faked her own kidnapping and was caught buying the items she used to fake her kidnapping like scissors, duct tape, etc, on video tape.

She is in deep doo-doo. She should have did her thing in Liberal Minnesota...cause Wisconsin is going to sue her for the 100 grand the investigation cost. I think the privacy she had before she gets convicted, will be sorely missed once she goes to the women's prison.

Wait... another Wisconsite? Is this possible?

I work in a department store, and they hide the cameras in the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**est of places. The camera is about the size of a pencil eraser and when placed in a wall, is invisible (and I know where to look). Plus they keep the tapes forever... We catch shoplifters daily.

those pencil and lipstick cams are everywhere in the pick and save I shop at.

Get ready for digital face recognition software and hardware to improve. It will be implemented in public areas by government and in private areas by shop keepers and business owners.

Soon digital recognition cameras will be used in traffic law enforcement, in place of the clunky speed trap cameras and stop light cameras in use today.

Your face will be readily identifiable as you speed by these machines, day or night and it will be identifiable as you sit and wait at a stop light, where these devices may be used to identify and locate wanted criminals or to issue traffic citations.

If Mr. privacy advocate thinks his prints being kept by the feds forever are a problem...just wait till national DNA registration is required.

In fact, I think what you will see someday is national DNA registration and when that occurs, you will provide your palm and finger prints as well as photos of your ugly cranium and probiscus.

Digital face recognition technology will be able to trace your path, where ever you go...as well as bio-metric reading devices secreted on door handles and railings in public and government buildings.

Biometrics will be used as access control in buildings in place of keys, so your employer will be able to know when and where you are at work also. Access control means: you'll have to give a thumb print to get into parking, to get in the building, to access the elevator, to use the locked lavatory for employees, to enter the break room, to use the copier, to turn on your computer, to access office supplies...etc etc etc. This access control will be recorded by a central computer. Things like this are done already for the last 15-20 years with the utilization of security access cards and readers. They let you in the door and they record the action.

Soon you will place your palm or thumb print on a cop's lap top during a traffic stop and your traffic citation will print out, bearing your name and address.

Good, bad or indifferent? Time will tell. I'm not paranoid...like I said...they already know where I live...so what difference does it really make if they have my prints, DNA or a digitized picture of me?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back