Legacy UAL to start recalls in JAN 2013, OCT letters going out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ualdriver

[FONT=&quot]Some good news for some legacy UAL furloughees......
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]September 23, 2012[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To: United Pilots[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From: Captain Jeff Nooger, Chairman, MEC System Schedule Committee[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The SSC is pleased to be able to finally announce that the company has stated its long overdue intent to begin the recall of our furloughed brothers and sisters to the s-UA operation. Recalls are slated to begin in January 2013. Initial numbers will be between 50 to 125 pilots. Notification letters will be sent 60 to 90 days in advance, in the October to November time frame. As required by the contract and CBA, recalls will be offered in seniority order. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As we get closer to the actual recalls notices, we will clearly spell out everyone’s rights under the CBA and/or any other related Letters of Agreements. More specific details will follow so that all information is clearly understood.[/FONT]

Isn't it sad....

In 1990 or thereabouts, as a young man, I threw their application in the trash after MANY years of filling out Scantrons ( remember THOSE... Old Guys? ) after hearing the Elitist Horror Stories of their B.S. interviews.

Years later, unemployed and highly qualified, I gave up on them again. A shambles of what they once were and with Piss-Poor compensation and work rules.

Today is no different.

I am sickened by what has transpired for what WAS, a GREAT height to aspire to....Once Upon A Time.

NO. This is not "Sour Grapes". This is the realization that SOMETIMES it is best to NOT get what you think you want at the time....The Man Upstairs saves us from ourselves now and again.

I WISH I was qualified enough, in about 1985, to HAVE been hired there....Things would have been fairly sweet. Timing....Timing...

Good Luck To All who choose to wander down this path now. Timing is everything...

YKW

Last edited:
Isn't it sad....

In 1990 or thereabouts, as a young man, I threw their application in the trash after MANY years of filling out Scantrons ( remember THOSE... Old Guys? ) after hearing the Elitist Horror Stories of their B.S. interviews.

Years later, unemployed and highly qualified, I gave up on them again. A shambles of what they once were and with Piss-Poor compensation and work rules.

Today is no different.

I am sickened by what has transpired for what WAS, a GREAT height to aspire to....Once Upon A Time.

NO. This is not "Sour Grapes". This is the realization that SOMETIMES it is best to NOT get what you think you want at the time....The Man Upstairs saves us from ourselves now and again.

I WISH I was qualified enough, in about 1985, to HAVE been hired there....Things would have been fairly sweet. Timing....Timing...

Good Luck To All who choose to wander down this path now. Timing is everything...

YKW

United wouldn't be my first choice either. Probably a distant 4th or 5th.

Regardless, just to be clear, this is a LONG OVERDUE recall for our furloughees, and not for new hires on the legacy United side. Any guys "wandering down this path" already know what they are getting themselves into.

How senior is the most top of the furloughed list? #1 furloughed guy at the top of the furloughed list: hired pre or post 9/11?

How senior is the most top of the furloughed list? #1 furloughed guy at the top of the furloughed list: hired pre or post 9/11?

This is just an educated guess...... The senior involuntary furlough was probably hired in Aug or Sept of 1999. The senior voluntary furlough was hired 1985???? I've heard they were a 747-400 Ca. I'm not sure of the breakdown between voluntary and involuntary but there are a total of 1436 furloughed pilots mostly hired between 1999-2008.

Stillflyn

How does this work if someone took a "recall" to the CAL side and they can hold a recall to the UAL side? Are they stuck or can they go back to the UAL side?

Sounds like it could be a cluster if UAL starts to recall more and there is no merged list. We kind of have the same thing (some AWA guys flying east) but not as many as UAL guys flying at CAL from what I know.

Last edited:
They weren't recalled to CAL they were hired at CAL, everything I have read says they can recall to UAL whenever there is an opening.

They weren't recalled to CAL they were hired at CAL, everything I have read says they can recall to UAL whenever there is an opening.

Relax, the SLI will be what it is wether you guys call it recall or hire. I doubt the arbitrator will come her for insight.

Relax, the SLI will be what it is wether you guys call it recall or hire. I doubt the arbitrator will come her for insight.

Me relax? I have no worries about the SLI. I was 50 from the bottom at the CAL list, so I fully expect to be 50-100 at the bottom of the combined list. The other person seemed to be confused about what was happening here and I was just clearing it up. I could care less if everyone is classified as a newhire/recall/whatever I don't think it will change my outcome at all.

Latest resources

Back