Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ERJ-140 said:
I don't fly the Legacy. I don't fly the Legacy at all ever. Never have never claimed to and I'm not who you think I am (but it sure is funny to watch you try!).

Once again...

CONFIRMED IP Address Matches for the following:

ERJ-140
LegacyIIDriver
LegacyDriver
Legacy390
vracui
Skull-One (Yes, the self-proclaimed, "Wrongfully Terminated" ERJ Captain from CHQ)

All one and the same...

Falcon Capt said:
Once again...

ERJ-140
LegacyIIDriver
LegacyDriver
Legacy390
vracui
Skull-One (Yes, the self-proclaimed, "Wrongfully Terminated" ERJ Captain from CHQ)

All one and the same...
And just in case you're a little rusty on your 'tech talk', if, say, ERJ-140's IP address is the same as, say, LegacyDriver, that means the posts came from the SAME computer.

BTW, Falcon Capt, PM me the actual IP address please, I'd like to know where this guy is at.

Since the litte douche bag is so silent I thought I would add a PM that Legacy Driver (who now doesn't fly the Legacy) sent to me a few months back. Looks like Mr ERJ-140 has some explaining to do:

In ERJ-140's own words:

Here's the short of it. I dated an F/A, we had a bad breakup, she screamed SH. I got fired. Went to aribtration, proved her to be a liar, got back pay, my job back, etc.. I resigned because I have a better job and decided to stay put rather than go back and get fired again for some bogus thing.

These guys on here are talking about sex in a jetway rumors and all sorts of nonsense. They don't know what they're talking about, but it makes them laugh to make fun of me over stuff that is untrue...

I would rather you just hear it from me outright rather than get slammed by these folks in private mail.

Cheerio!

DK's word's: Better job doing what? Being a salesman for Embraer that has never flown the WSCoD?

Oh and by the way ERJ-140. You have been asked many many times to please answer some very basic questions about the B-737 and the Falcon 50.

Please answer them now sir.

Last edited:
I got an email almost identical to that from Skull-One...or wait, was it Legacy Driver....anyway, it was almost a year ago.

Boy do you guys rack up a lot of BS calls! Where should I even start because I have lost track.

IP Address - FalconCapt has already lied about emb cotradicting my assertions on Legacy performance. He has an obvious anti-embraer bias. Discrediting me would serve to add (in the small minds of some) credibility to his flawed argument. Why would he tell the truth? I never go to TEB (well almost never). My boss does most of his work down south not in the Northeast. Believe what you will but the man is just a liar. I don't pretend to know why but the above is probably a good guess.

(Honest to God it doesn't matter who I am or if I have flown a Legacy or not. You guys can believe I am the biggest tool who ever lived - I am - but if what I have said is true - it is - then who and what I am is pointless - ditto the above. Stick to the issue at hand and let the personal stuff go. I know it is hard but at least try. Pilots are immature but you guys are going way overboard). :)

Legacy Range - the range difference between M 0.74 and 0.80 is 150NM (or four and a half percent). The difference in terms of mileage on a TEB-PHX flight is even less. Wet runway or not, there is no conceivable way that would make a difference to a Legacy to the point that going 0.76 would matter as opposed to 0.80 - the trip is just too short. Personally I would "bag" more gas somewhere else but that's just me because I never want to cut it that close.

MX flight and CT Boss - don't work for that guy either but for the sake of argument, let us pretend I do. I have no idea on the mx flight (I think you are full o'crap there - I am still trying to figure out what orrifice you pulled that out of) but: 1- it is probably part of a routine or required inspection and 2- why would I be the one to fly it there in any event? If Swift leases it then their crew would probably pick it up. I would be in CT sleeping!!!!

(Over my last ten legs I have been for the record kvny, klas, kmmu, klas, ksat, kphx, kdal, kokc, khou, klrd, kaus - slightly out of order. Never for anyone you have mentioned. My owner is out of a southern state, not one in the NE and he owns no Legacys.)

Also, if it were my airplane and I was flying it empty or to a mx appointment, I would go as slow as I could efficiently go (within reason) to save money. When a plane becomes too expensive the crew is often out of a job. I try to save my boss money by flying as efficiently as I can unless he is on board because he wants to go fast. What is wrong with saving gas? That is probably what is going on here and would be reasonable.

(Thinking it over, maybe they were flying slow because they are required to, want to make more money or timeout for duty. People do that all the time at the regionals. The point is I am not robotically required like you are to explain things in a way that is irrationally critical of the airplane. I allow my thinking process to come up with neutral or positive explanations for things. You should try it.)

The simple solution is if the plane is a Swift plane then ask them why they went 0.74 or 0.76 back to phx. You will have your reason. Everyone over at the Swift FBO is nice and will surely talk to you about it. Or you can ask those Legacy pilots in KSMO about it as well. I have seen them in mmu before and they work with Swift to my recollection. They might know, too.

Turbulence pentration - I don't fly it, sell it, or lease it. I have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with it other than this thread. I therefore have no reason to know its turb pen speed. On the ERJ it was a measly 0.65 (I think/hope I am way off) but like many things in the performance arena on the Legacy it probably differs from the ERJ.

E-170 reliability - Not only does kitty know zip about emb radars (by his own admission I have flown one more recently than he has so it is safe to presume - like everything else on the plane - that it has evolved since he last saw it) but he is cluless about the 170 as well.

A friend of mine forwarded the dispatch reliability figures for the chautauqua 170 fleet and it is 98.5%. That is hardly an EMB-180 (I am also told it is an ERJ-170 by type certificate not an EMB-170 - unverified). This for a brand new airplane with new technology and "out of the box" teething troubles common to -any- brand new aircraft. Those are good numbers!

The numbers for the 145 series at chautauqua are 99.3%. Eagle is in the same 98.7-99%-plus range for the 145 series (I am waiting for an updated response on this still).

So it is clear that you guys are just wrong, clueless, biased, or all three.

A Captain I once knew taught me how to use the emb radar when I was a pup. He was brilliant and showed me how to do it right. People who flew with him never had trouble with the radar or thunderstorms. It certainly doesn't behave like a 737 or Falcon radar that is an absolute fact. If you operate it like one you can and will get bit. I have a feeling that's what got you kitty. All the training in the world is useless if it is the wrong kind.

Frac, if you don't want to give up your addy (sounds like you are afraid to be proven wrong) then ask someone who has flown N825SG (the last Options Legacy purchased to my knowledge and one of the three I saw in klas) and 912 (or any of the old Legacys) to confirm what these crews told me. I have a feeling you'll discover I (they) am (are) right.

Now lighten up a bit gang. You are getting way to serious about all this. You remind me of Annakin Skywalker seething with a building rage. Chill homies!!!! You hate the Legacy I accept your irrational mindset. It's all good dog! Enjoy what you're flying and quit worrying about how much everyone else is "getting".

Reminds me of an episode of "Crank Yankers" or something.

Blue skies!

Peace!

:)

Last edited:
Hey kitty, posting private messages on a public forum - assuming that is an accurate quote - is in bad taste (if not downright illegal). Falsely attributing them to a third party (me) is worse.

Moderators do your job and show you're not biased. The above post should be removed and the user placed in the penalty box.

Last edited:
ERJ-140 said:
It certainly doesn't behave like a 737 or Falcon radar that is an absolute fact. If you operate it like one you can and will get bit. I have a feeling that's what got you kitty. All the training in the world is useless if it is the wrong kind.

When have you ever operated a B-737 or a Falcon radar? The technique for operating radars are all the same. You dont operate one radar different then the other. THEY ALL OPERATE THE SAME!! Once again you are showing how much of an idiotic moron you are!

Oh and once again I would like to ask you to please answer the very very very basic questions about the B-737 and the Falcon 50 that you have been asked.

Everytime you dodge the questions makes you look more like the idiot that you are.

Falcon Capt said:
Once again...

ERJ-140
LegacyIIDriver
LegacyDriver
Legacy390
vracui

All one and the same...

Ha ha ha!! Now that is great. MAJOR B.S. CALL HERE! :)

Not only do we have kitty quoting private messages publically and wrongly attributing them to me but we have Falcon adding another name to the list!!! This is too rich.

I looked for Legacy390. He has been nowhere near this thread. So I did a search.

The only connection to anyone is Legacy or ERJ.

Just looked up Legacy390 and he admittedly works for Swift! You guys thought I was flying some airplane leased back to Swift. So now that Legacy and Swift are in the same space (and obviously 390 has a Swift IP because he says he works there) you are claiming -I- work for Swift and that he is me!!

This is too rich!! You guys are so unbelievably full of sh--! Ha ha ha!! Oh Lordy I knew to stay away.

Don't anyone ever post at a Swift IP computer or use a Legacy or ERJ in your nickname - you'll get skewered.

What a bunch of crazies!

Last edited:
Ah, so you have been using Swit's computers? Wonder why that is?

And, how about you tell us a few of the differences in 'your average radar', and the Legacy's 'will get bit' radar.

jknight8907 said:
Ah, so you have been using Swit's computers? Wonder why that is?

And, how about you tell us a few of the differences in 'your average radar', and the Legacy's 'will get bit' radar.

I have been to their FBO a couple of times but I have never posted from there. I am sure a lot of people have used the public access computer in the pilot's briefing room - they aren't all "LegacyDriver" though. I made mention of Swift in another thread I think so that's why FC is dragging them into this discussion. Frankly I never even thought of that until this popped up but I see no harm in it one way or the other. (Reasoning with any of you is pointless. I am not sure anything is going to matter to ya' even if it came from Jesus Himself.)

Now, one thing I have noticed about the EMB radar is that the dish is really small. You have to do a lot more fiddling with the gain knob to pull shadows out in precip. In heavy rain you really have to work it to get it to tell you what you need to know. Also, if you don't "self-calibrate" the radar (there is a technique for that) you will often think you are pointing the radar at -1 degree when you are in fact pointing it higher. Most people just leave it in auto gain and tilt it down 1 or 2 degrees. That is a recipe for disaster as you'll shoot the beam over the cell instead of into it, but that's how most people are taught to use it.

It doesn't work that way worth a darn.

Embraer/Honeywell put out a "tilt angle calculator" some years back to solve this problem. We figured out how to do it long before that came out with much better results than that, and it's a lot easier than carrying around that stupid calculator.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back