Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jobear

Titanium Necked Bandit
I was recently thinking of leaving the airline I work for and going over to the Dark Side of the Day. Slow upgrade,llllooowww pay, and frankly just not alot of job security.
Any thought s on how this is viewed?

Thanks
Jobear

I think the question from us would be: Why would you want to do such a thing? And if you're going to an on-demand we'd offer the comment: Are you crazy?:D

Seriously though, where are you thinking of going; sked freight, on-demand, The people "in the know" (definitely not me) may be able to help you better if they know what you're trying to get yourself into.

Scheduled routes would be great.
When I first made the descision to go to the airlines I agonized over freight/corparate vs the airlines, to me flying is flying but like everyone says FREIGHT DON'T @ITCH!
And I don't mind hauling Pax it's more of a location thing I'd rather be on the left coast instead of the UPPER midwest. I really hate winter.

Jobear

Think twice, you know where to find me if you want help with another Airline gig!! Pagers Suck

I agree with the other guys. THink long and hard about it. I love flying freight, but there will come a day when I will want to just talk about the freight I flew, when I am sitting in a nice airplane where everything works and wearing a nice light set of telex headsets, with NO earplugs,,hahaha..

SD

when I am sitting in a nice airplane where everything works and wearing a nice light set of telex headsets, with NO earplugs,,hahaha..

I hope you're kidding, cause it just ain't so.....

Latest resources

Back