• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

leaving jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats on the offer!! I know a bunch of guys at Netjets and they all love it there. In my opinion it is the only place to go right now. A sept newhire just left for Netjets. They get 100 new apps a day !!!!
Best of luck.

a friend told me netjets has 10,000 apps on file. is hiring 3 out of 10 now instead of 7.. since i guess they only need 3000 more pilots

Are you kidding me? Why would you ever want to leave Jet Blue? The beautiful smell of sewage at JFK every morning. Such nice, well-mannered people working at that airport. Flying into and out of JFK several times per day - it's so easy and stressfree... The same old, monotonous routes over and over and over until you memmorize the frequencies. There are so many reasons to stay...

Please stay so that I can take your slot at Netjets. I am hoping for an interview at some point and I would love to take your slot right now. Like someone else stated earlier, I'd love to fly for a market leader and not have to constantly worry about my airline's future or its ability to pay my checks. I'd be happy to hang out at interesting layovers like Jackson Hole, Sun Valley, Aspen, Saranac Lake, Bermuda Dunes, Scottsdale, Ocean Reef, Napa, Marco Island, Martha's Vineyard, etc. vs. the hectic hub airports every day. Please stay so that I can go to Netjets.

Good luck.

When was your JetBlue interview?

Since your junior to me then do what you want, you don't help me:mad:

For you NJ guys, do you know where you are going for the full 7 days or do you find out the night before for each night?

Whisker, You never know where your going till you get there. But you do know that you will be back home in 7 days.

I am sorry that my company wasted it's time on you.

:uzi:

Last edited:
The rich are only getting richer. Therefore, it's a no brainer. Go and don't even think about looking back! Congrats....

For you NJ guys, do you know where you are going for the full 7 days or do you find out the night before for each night?

As he said, you won't know. Heck, the company doesn't know! Our shareholders can book flights on as little as 4 hours' notice, so the schedule is constantly changing.

It keeps it interesting, that's for sure!

When was your JetBlue interview?

I will admit that I was interested in JB at one point but I am no longer interested in JB - I have learned to hate 121 flying (flying for a crappy regional doesn't help) after many years in the trenches. I have friends who are at JB - some like it and some don't (trying to leave to Delta, SWA and Netjets). To each his own. I have never been a fan of smelly, hectic, disorganized JFK and that's part of the problem with JB - you really can't avoid it too much (especially as a newhire).

I would choose Netjets in a heartbeat in this case - but that's my opinion. It's difficult to argue with 100 domiciles (including many on the West Coast - take your pick and see the link: http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=...-STYLE=best&RANGE-COLOR=navy&MAP-STYLE=visual) that you can bid immediately as a newhire and switch whenever by giving 30 days notice (say adios to commuting), free health care and roughly $60K to start. That's a great deal!

Last edited:
"Kissing a$$es" is not something I've had to during my career at NetJets. In fact, most of the people are actually very laid back and easy to deal with. I even flew one rock star and he and I chatted about music and guitars while he waited for his limo. No "kissing a$$" there. As for the sits in the FBO, it's possible but not a very common occurrence for me. That said, most FBO lounges are nicer and quieter than the airline terminals that I see. I've never had a last-minute catering change though the company has people in CMH who are paid to handle those requests.

Just trying to add a little perspective to your post. I do agree with most of the rest of your post though I wouldn't eat off the hangar floor at Bridgeway. That's just too unsanitary for me.

Fortunately for you NetJets pilots David Chappelle is not a customer. Because he is possibly the hardest person that I have ever had to deal with! I don't kiss their A$$es either but it does get old dealing with the same ol' whiny crap sometimes. I will admit that getting John Daly's autograph was pretty cool though

Latest resources

Back