• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

leaving jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Somebody already provided the Netjets link. Compare the two packages and you decide:

Jet Blue:

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/jetblue.html

and Netjets:

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/fractional/netjets.html

It's true that they offer totally different types of flying. One offers routine while the other offers constant change (i.e., adhoc flying/destinations with a set schedule). Some people prefer one type vs. the other. One operator appears to be growing while the other is currently contracting. Compare the data and make a decision...

I've been with Netjets for many years now and I can tell you this, the absolute worst part of my job is getting on an airline to go to and from work which is about 90% of the time. The best part of my job aside from the pay, benefits, qaulity of life, time off, the places we fly to and the equipment we fly is that I airline on company time and the companys dime (no jump seating). In my opinion, this is the best gig in town when it comes to flying for a living. On a side note, I personally enjoy shooting the breeze with some of the biggest headliners of the world. You'll learn that most of them are just ordinary people living extrordinary lives.

Good luck with whatever path you choose.

Last edited:
R

Don't listen to this B.S. by everyone on this site. I know you and you have to do whatever you need to do to be happy. Screw these guys on here that say JB waisted the interview on you. This guy is very shallow and has no idea of the real world. Just do what is right for you and the wife, although I hope to see you up north.

Somebody already provided the Netjets link. Compare the two packages and you decide:

Jet Blue:

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/jetblue.html

and Netjets:

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/fractional/netjets.html

It's true that they offer totally different types of flying. One offers routine while the other offers constant change (i.e., adhoc flying/destinations with a set schedule). Some people prefer one type vs. the other. One operator appears to be growing while the other is currently contracting. Compare the data and make a decision...

Now who exactly is "contracting"?

I spent 4 years doing corporate and fractional flying before I left for JetBlue. I wouldn't go back. If you want to do it, it sounds like NetJets is the best deal going, but it's certainly a different lifestyle, and not one I could see myself doing for the next 30 years.

Good Luck

I will second that I spent almost 8 years at a fractional in the top 10% of the sen list and I would not want to go back unless i had to.

Dont get me wrong the flying was a blast, destinations were fun but keep in mind for every night you spend in cabo, st kitts, grand cayman you will spend 5 in laredo after that cabo with repo flight or in teterboro where the stench from jfk and ewr can clearly be enjoyed while you sit in line for 2 hrs during wx.

Also contrary to what is stated here on flight info at JB you may optionally choose to cross a few seat belts or help a fa with her bags in the overhead. At a frac you will essentially be the cleaning crew on quickturns to include ( seat belts, vacum, tables, garbage, lav, standard stock, bags etc) The frac guys that come on this thread and dispute that are lying.

Not that it bothered me.

At JB the flying is scheduled but in a way i prefer that now knowing both lifestyles. The best part is that i go in fly my 4 day trip and GO HOME.. No 7 days, No sitting in the FBO's waiting for my blackberry to give me a flight or hotel, No more rental car with 40 min drive north because all the hotels in pbi are sold out.

Plus best of all I control my schedule.. Nothing like being able to drop trips, pickup open time, pick days of the week or weekends, control start and end times etc etc...

Even as a top senior bidder at a fractional your schedule is very similiar to the most junior bidder.

I've been with Netjets for many years now and I can tell you this, the absolute worst part of my job is getting on an airline to go to and from work which is about 90% of the time. The best part of my job aside from the pay, benefits, qaulity of life, time off, the places we fly to and the equipment we fly is that I airline on company time and the companys dime (no jump seating). In my opinion, this is the best gig in town when it comes to flying for a living. On a side note, I personally enjoy shooting the breeze with some of the biggest headliners of the world. You'll learn that most of them are just ordinary people living extrordinary lives.

Good luck with whatever path you choose.

As bad as the airline experience is..... could you do your job without it? Would you have 100 choices to live without it?

Airlining to work stinks.... but not really....

I spent 4 years doing corporate and fractional flying before I left for JetBlue. I wouldn't go back. If you want to do it, it sounds like NetJets is the best deal going, but it's certainly a different lifestyle, and not one I could see myself doing for the next 30 years.

Good Luck

If you work for a crap fractional you are likely to have a bad experience. You can't compare Netjets to FLOPS. The work rules and the respect levels are completely different. That's like comparing Delta to Skybus.

A guy I know who left JB called it the "Wal-Mart" of the airline industry - no attempt to offer industry-best in any category (wages, benefits, QOL, etc.). In his opinion JB always took the "cheap" route.

So, if you like industry-average wages and benefits, slow growth, spending a lot of time in JFK, frequent red-eyes and day-rests (on the Bus) and few domicile choices (forcing you to commute if you want to live outside of those few domiciles), then stay at JB.

But hey, you get to enjoy those frequent red-eyes in a wide Airbus cockpit - yipppeeeeee!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back