• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leaving ASA without 2 weeks notice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I recall it does state that ASA requires a two week notice in the FOM.
Fact is that Scott will work with that. If you are going to big D then he is already aware of it. I can tell you that there is a very slim chance that you would have to give less than a two week notice. It was the case for the first few classes, but with Nov and Dec being only one class each, they will be able to give you the time to give proper notice.
That said. Most of the DAL newbies are getting their call about three to four weeks out, with the official welcome letter at about two and a half weeks out.
If you truly need less than two weeks, SH will work with you so that the "Re-hire able" box is checked when you out process.

It is customary to give at least 2 weeks notice. Try to do so if you can. Simple as that. If you can't, you can't. I understand you have vacation accured. I agree that you should never burn any bridges.

Good luck.

Scott Hall seems to be a standup guy, I would check with him like others have said.

Beware though, if you leave without 2 weeks notice, you are not entitled to your Christmas Cookies this year.

It's immoral and UNETHICAL!

Then pilots wonder why the management treats them poorly.

It’s an industry standard to give a two-week notice. But, I guess that’s not much of your concern, is it.

Unless the ASA CBA says that a two-weeks notice is required, then he doesn't owe them anything. He is only responsible for the terms of employment contained within the CBA. You want to talk about unethical? Look at the management team that dragged out contract negotiations for over five years. That's unethical. After that BS, nobody owes ASA anything.

You should always look out for the company first when considering your career decisions, regardless of the situation.

After all, airline management would NEVER, EVER furlough pilots out of seniority or not give contractually-required furlough notice when it was financially convenient for them. Right?

I've heard stories of a guy that quit via ACARS one time. I personally would never do that...but you gotta admit, everyone at one time or another has wanted to fire their employer that way.

Scott Hall seems to be a standup guy, I would check with him like others have said.

Beware though, if you leave without 2 weeks notice, you are not entitled to your Christmas Cookies this year.

The Turkey! What about the Turkey!!!!!?

It’s an industry standard to give a two-week notice. But, I guess that’s not much of your concern, is it.

You mean that's why YOU treat us poorly, since you're in management. Scumball.

Undoubtedly, anyone who's ever worked at ASA will find the above quote extremely amusing. Expecially considering our standup management teams, past and present, who are definitely the standard bearers for ethics and morality.

I just quit.. i gave 2 weeks notice... If it came down to it and I could not give two weeks notice, I would walk.. I would explain it to my CP and not look back.. I am giving up the wonderful signing bonus.. not looking back..

Trust me ASA does not care about you.. you are a number to them... They will be the first one to put you on the street on a furlough and cut all your bennefits so that you children do not have any medical coverage.. By the way they WILL NOT give you two weeks notice on your furlough..

I just quit.. i gave 2 weeks notice... If it came down to it and I could not give two weeks notice, I would walk.. I would explain it to my CP and not look back.. I am giving up the wonderful signing bonus.. not looking back..

Trust me ASA does not care about you.. you are a number to them... They will be the first one to put you on the street on a furlough and cut all your bennefits so that you children do not have any medical coverage.. By the way they WILL NOT give you two weeks notice on your furlough..

Dude when has ASA furloughed? I was finishing up training on the EMB-120 during 911 and none of us got furloughed. As far as I can tell if they would have done it they would have then. They reduced the total hours per line to keep everyone on the property. I am not a management pilot, but come on, the negotiations did drag out, but it was two sided everyone knows that. I gave my two weeks notice, and collected my vacation pay. Life moves forward.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back