Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FmrFreightDog

Py-lote
Assuming you've used all your vacation for the year, are there any monetary consequences to leaving ASA without a full 2 weeks notice?

You will lose the vacation that you accrued this year but not yet used. The vacation that you used this year was earned last year. Not to mention what the future might hold. Just ask the six TWA pilots who were fired from AMR because they did not give their two weeks notice when they were at eagle. Not that you would ever want to go back to ASA in the future but a lot of people have done that, and that option would probably not be available.

I have heard a few guys were unable to give their two weeks, but talked to S.H. and he was able to let them leave on good terms. I would recommend that, goodluck if you are moving on! I wish I was also!

I think you're senior to me so.... Good luck! ;)

I'd be careful about it though. Whatever company you may be leaving for, may remember this action of your's. If it is a great gig worth jumping ship at a moments notice, then you future employer should take notice of your decision to do the right thing.

Either way, good luck to you.

Assuming you've used all your vacation for the year, are there any monetary consequences to leaving ASA without a full 2 weeks notice?

It's immoral and UNETHICAL!

Then pilots wonder why the management treats them poorly.

It’s an industry standard to give a two-week notice. But, I guess that’s not much of your concern, is it.

It’s an industry standard to give a two-week notice. But, I guess that’s not much of your concern, is it.

What? Two weeks notice is a courtesy that employees give to their employer to allow them time to hire or train somebody else for the job. It's not very likely that an airline can hire/train anybody in two weeks, so it doesn't really matter how much notice you give them.
Some people don't understand the purpose and will disagree, but ultimately, it a courtesy and is not mandatory. If an employer has treated you poorly or given you a reason to want to leave, then you really don't even need to give them the courtesy.

Wow. You really are an ass. For the record, I am not planning to leave with less than two weeks notice. It may, however, be a necessity, If I do, I forfeit roughly 3 weeks of accrued vacation pay. If I choose to leave early and forfeit that pay, then I will have paid my penalty for leaving without 2 weeks notice. That is what our contract stipulates, and that is what I and the company will abide by.

At the end of the day, I can give one month's notice or 5 minute's notice and ASA will not care either way. I asked a simple question and was looking for a simple answer. You didn't help. Crawl back into your middle management cubicle, asshat.

OH!! And since I have miraculously found a curse word that the filters don't seem to recognize, let me just reiterate that you, sir, are an Asshat!
ASSHAT, I say! ASSHAT!!!

Last edited:
Wow. You really are an ass. For the record, I am not planning to leave with less than two weeks notice. It may, however, be a necessity, If I do, I forfeit roughly 3 weeks of accrued vacation pay. If I choose to leave early and forfeit that pay, then I will have paid my penalty for leaving without 2 weeks notice. That is what our contract stipulates, and that is what I and the company will abide by.

At the end of the day, I can give one month's notice or 5 minute's notice and ASA will not care either way. I asked a simple question and was looking for a simple answer. You didn't help. Crawl back into your middle management cubicle, asshat.

OH!! And since I have miraculously found a curse word that the filters don't seem to recognize, let me just reiterate that you, sir, are an Asshat!
ASSHAT, I say! ASSHAT!!!

If you gotta go, go. Yeah they will take your accrued vacation, but then again, when they pay that to you they put it all on your last paycheck, and you get taxed to death on it. Not to mention, it took them 2.5 months to send me my last check. Great bunch over there in the GO.

Latest resources

Back