Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leaving a regional before reaching 1000 PIC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pennekamp,

that's the point. you can go corporate in the left seat w/o having to start over in the right seat at a regional or corporate job. To me, it left my options open, even though I got my 1000 pic before going to a regional and now a legacy.

Last edited:
And you like to teabag Uncle Jerry, but that's not important right now.
NoSir, but I know a piss tank when I see one. I am sick of people who will hate this job no matter what. Its a horrible job if you look at it from the pay, qol, and tafh perspective. GET OVER IT. Go coach football, hell be a damn ref just STFU!

You are a loser. STFU!

Surely you're joking. I may be mistaken, but with your third grade writing level, and kindergarten IQ, I'd surmise to say you're more of a loser if that's the best response you can come up with.

NoSir, but I know a piss tank when I see one. I am sick of people who will hate this job no matter what. Its a horrible job if you look at it from the pay, qol, and tafh perspective. GET OVER IT. Go coach football, hell be a damn ref just STFU!

Oh, and maybe you should come over here and make us STFU Mr Anonymous Tough Guy! Oooooh! Your mom called, it's time to get off the computer and do your homework.

I mean, the goal of getting that time was to get the better job, and if you could get the better job without all that time, do you need it?

It is amazing where this career is headed with the generation Xrs leading the way. 1000 jet PIC is considered ALL that time?

Experience is overated, Jezzz!

It is amazing where this career is headed with the generation Xrs leading the way. 1000 jet PIC is considered ALL that time?

It's not the Genx guys you have to worry about. It is the Gen Y kids. Ipods, backpacks, frosted tips, and a big sense of entitlement that you have to worry about.

I think you are taking the original poster's words out of context. Depending on what regional he/she works for, it could take several years to upgrade and get the 1000 hours of PIC. I have been giving this very circumstance a lot of thougth lately. I'm at least two years from upgrade at my current job. Add another year and a half to that to accumulate the 1000 hours in the left seat. That means that I would be applying to majors in three and a half years. Well, who knows what the job market will be like then? Will the change of retirement to age 65 put the brakes on hiring at the majors during that time period? If I had the opportunity to move on to the majors right now then I would do it. Who knows what may happen if I wait.

I think there has always been a youthful disregard for paying your dues. Experience seems irrelevant when you don't have any experience.

Latest resources

Back