Leave Eagle and go to CHQ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
vtpilotmj said:
Scooby74, sorry I should have clarified, I did interview and was offered the job at Chautauqua.

Thanks for the advice!

Dude, chitaco is just about the LAST place you would want to be right now. Things are starting to heat up over there. Wexford is using Republic to whipsaw chatauqua into a better contract and apparently its working. After republic merges with shuttle america, you are going to have a hornets nest. STAY AWAY!

Upgrade time at CHQ might be 2 years right now, but it may not be for you if you were hired today. How many pilots at CHQ? 1200 or so? In order to upgrade, the 600 or so FO's senior to you need to upgrade first. Not counting attrition, with 5 captains needed for each aircraft on the property, you'd need to get 120 additional aircraft deliveries until your number comes up. Will that happen in the next two years? Who knows, but i'd say it's not real likely.

8HRRULE is an idiot and shouldnt post about things he doesnt know. Republic bought Shuttle America Thursday. Now Chautauqua, Shuttle America, and Republic are property of Republic Airways Holdings, a Wexford Capital Comapany. All pilots flying under Republic Airways Holdings companies must be on the Chautauqua seniority list. (about to be a battle with the 100 Shuttle pilots for integration on CHQ list) Being that this language is in our contract, it is going to be VERY hard for Republic/CHQ management to whipsaw us with any other carrier; simply because all companies that Wexford Capital owns is under one seniority list, or will be very soon.

CHQ pilots won the battle against management to keep Republic Airways and Chautauqua (and any other aquired carrier, i.e. Shuttle) under ONE seniority list. End of story, whipsawing will not happen right now.

I heard they are telling new hires a 10 mon upgrade to the 170.

Now, is there a seat lock or equip lock for the 145 FOs or can they get over to left seat of the 170 when its avail?

vtpilotmj,

Scooby & Chip are correct. I too have been at CHQ a few years and I would not change anything if I had to do it all over again.

Chip is correct about the contract/whipsawing...not an issue in the grand scheme of things.

If a quick upgrade is important to you and you want to have fun while flying some great schedules while you wait a short period B4 you upgrade...I suggest take the offer and run! Why? In the last six years, I have seen with my own eyes what our company has done...truly great stuff. We put out a great product at a great price and we're a tight group of folks having a tremendous amount of FUN!. Call Rosa Monday! Get in before the growth explodes.

If I can answer any specific questions, send me a PM.

Av8tor X

To any naysayers,

Keep in mind that at one point in time, many folks at the legacy carriers laughed at the folks that wanted to work at SWA...after all, SWA folks were some of the lowest paid 737 drivers in the country. But the folks at SWA had one thing that others did not seem to have.... L U V ! Now they are the standard that all others are desparately trying to live up to and they still have the LUV. Remember, its not only about money or yourself...think about it.

vtpilotmj,

If Rosa offered you the job, its a good sign that you fit in and you belong here!

Chip said:
8HRRULE is an idiot and shouldnt post about things he doesnt know. Republic bought Shuttle America Thursday. Now Chautauqua, Shuttle America, and Republic are property of Republic Airways Holdings, a Wexford Capital Comapany. All pilots flying under Republic Airways Holdings companies must be on the Chautauqua seniority list. (about to be a battle with the 100 Shuttle pilots for integration on CHQ list) Being that this language is in our contract, it is going to be VERY hard for Republic/CHQ management to whipsaw us with any other carrier; simply because all companies that Wexford Capital owns is under one seniority list, or will be very soon.

CHQ pilots won the battle against management to keep Republic Airways and Chautauqua (and any other aquired carrier, i.e. Shuttle) under ONE seniority list. End of story, whipsawing will not happen right now.

Did I not just say that? You should choose your insults with a little more discretion.

VT,
Congrats on the job offer.....my advice take the first class date. See you on line:) Fly safe!

8HRRULE said:
Dude, chitaco is just about the LAST place you would want to be right now. Things are starting to heat up over there. Wexford is using Republic to whipsaw chatauqua into a better contract and apparently its working. After republic merges with shuttle america, you are going to have a hornets nest. STAY AWAY!

Say what you want 8hr but as a newbie FO on the 170, I am pushing for a % hiring into the CHQ seniority list. ALL 100 pilots at SA are senior to me. But I am going to do what is RIGHT and welcome them with open arms (I know some SA were CHQ employess who went over to SA)

So what would that say to all the pilot groups out there. Every regional has their problems. CHQ's pilot group did a great thing and not staple SA pilots to the bottom of the list. I do not think that it is fair and I wouldnt want that done to me.

Sure it happend in the past but why should we repeat history. Again, Im new to this airline world and yes I know I am going to have a lot of pilots step in front of me but you know what, I know I will be captain some day, I am not worried. Its all good. I am more interested in quality of life and having FUN AT MY JOB, which I am by the way. So far everyone that I have flown with have been great and has been a priviledge (FA and pilots)

Say what you want now but when the time comes, I will be voting for a % flow through. The strong protect the weak and thats what I think CHQ should do towards SA

My 2 cents

PS God Bless The Pope

Last edited:
EMB170Pilot said:
Say what you want 8hr but as a newbie FO on the 170, I am pushing for a % hiring into the CHQ seniority list. ALL 100 pilots at SA are senior to me. But I am going to do what is RIGHT and welcome them with open arms (I know some SA were CHQ employess who went over to SA)

So what would that say to all the pilot groups out there. Every regional has their problems. CHQ's pilot group did a great thing and not staple SA pilots to the bottom of the list. I do not think that it is fair and I wouldnt want that done to me.

Sure it happend in the past but why should we repeat history. Again, Im new to this airline world and yes I know I am going to have a lot of pilots step in front of me but you know what, I know I will be captain some day, I am not worried. Its all good. I am more interested in quality of life and having FUN AT MY JOB, which I am by the way. So far everyone that I have flown with have been great and has been a priviledge (FA and pilots)

Say what you want now but when the time comes, I will be voting for a % flow through. The strong protect the weak and thats what I think CHQ should do towards SA

Dude, Respectfully, I disagree.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back