Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Otto,

A lot of the Delta guys you know don't care? Hmmmm. Well, most of the Captains I fly with say we should never hire another Comair guy/girl---and you should care about that.

As I gear up for activation and deployment to Southwest Asia, I can assure you the last thing on my mind is some squabble between our MECs and a Delta interview six years from now. In my situation, it puts the whole thing in perspective, that this has gone way beyond practical matters and turned into a battle of giant egos who both whine like cry babies. I'm done with it.
Now.....as to the original question...of the airlines mentioned, I'd leave for AirTran and that's it. The others don't have a solid track record yet. Not to say they won't...it's just more of a gamble. That's just me. It all depends on your risk comfort level.

Otto said:

Now.....as to the original question...of the airlines mentioned, I'd leave for AirTran and that's it. The others don't have a solid track record yet. Not to say they won't...it's just more of a gamble. That's just me. It all depends on your risk comfort level.

Wow...30 years & no track record...tough crowd.

I wouldn't even bet on ASA guys getting hired by Delta in the future. The only people that will get on will be all their military buddies from the -insert military branch here- academy. Personally, I wouldn't give a s@$t if the Delta guys came to Comair. I say come on over. I'm not asking for anything in return. I'm just so tired of this back and forth bickering. Are there any flying jobs out there where you don't have to put up with this b.s.? Please tell me there are!

"The only people that will get on will be all their military buddies from the -insert military branch here- academy."

Well, there's one way to keep this thread alive!

Who's gonna pounce on this one first?

So what happens to the Pilots that are at Comair whose mom or dad is a DAL pilot. Do you think they will not help out thier own kid get hired at DAL just becuase they fly for Comair? Or what about all the Military (f-14, f-15, f-16, b-52 etc.)pilots that have been hired at Comair since 9/11, that would have gone straight to DAL but didnt since they where not hiring, do you think all thier friends at DAL are going to tell them too bad i dont want to help you get hired at DAL now cause your a comair trader and say you should have went to ASA. The pilots that have a good in at DAL will have thier chance to go to DAL regardless of where they fly now. Maybe Comair pilots might have to settle for careers with NWA, CAL, AA, FEDEX,UPS,SWA if they deciede to move on, what a terrible thought.

Latest resources

Back