Leave Comair for JB, AirTran, ATA??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gen lee

At least you finally answered the question. Still smells like a sellout, 43-44% wow !!
As far a some azz kiss from an ASA wanting to give part of his 24K a year to some guy who made 50K last year, more power to him. I saw the ALPA board, you do have those ASA guys eating out of your hand with those future jobs. Keep that carrot out there if it makes you feel better. I'm outta here, going Blue.

Flap30,

By the way, just as a side note---Delta cancelled the March 2nd furloughs--20 total. I don't know if this is permanent, but we had the arbitation hearing last week, and word is we MAY HAVE won, or atleast settled. I know the IRAQ thing is still out there, and they may try to pull something later, but this is atleast good news for right now. There is a large increase in CRAF flying and the retirements have been large lately. Let's hope this is all over fast (war etc.) and then we can start to get our pilots back, and then eventually the ASA pilots.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool:

gen lee

why did you address that last comment to me ? I don't care who you guys hire or when. Good luck.

Flaps30,

Well, you are a Comair pilot, right? If you haven't figured it out yet I am disgusted with your MEC's position on our furloughs as hostages. I am very happy that ASA took the BOLD move to hire 13 of our guys/girls, and I look forward to them coming on board eventually down the road. I think you guys at Comair could have changed Lawson's mind and allowed some of our guys out on the street a shot at the BOTTOM of your list. You too could have had the chance to move up to Delta if you wanted, but no. That is why I mentioned it. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee:eek:

It's amazing....(or I guess it's not amazing at all, just typical). Someone makes a post asking for thoughts and opinions of someone fairly senior at Comair leaving for jetBlue, AirTran or ATA, and it turns into another Comair vs. Delta p!ssing contest.

75% or more of the posts on this thread have nothing to do with the original question, just more of the same old, same old, DAL/CMR in-fighting.

The ALPA boards are totally dominated by it. You'd be hard pressed to go over there and find anything that doesn't have something to do with this ongoing p!ssing contest, or the RJDC debate..which is directly related.

It get's awfully old. If you have nothing to say on this thread about the original subjet...TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. WHERE SOMEONE ACTUALLY CARES.

Now, having said that. It would be hard to give up the 5 years of seniority that the original poster mentioned for the bottom of either JB, AirTran or ATA's seniority list. But these companies are growing, even in these tough times in the industy. And personally, I'd rather be anywhere than mixed up in the animosity and in-fighting and bad blood that seems to exist between Comair and Delta. Or maybe it just seems that way because there are the same 5 or 6 pilots on each side that dominate the message boards, both here and on the ALPA boards, with the same messages, again and again and again....ad nauseum.

General Lee said:
Everytime you see a Delta plane be sure to think about why you won't be flying it.

Gen Lee,
Dude, if you're really a Delta pilot, I can't figure out why you spend so much of your free time on this message board turning every topic from job advice to war in Iraq into some Comair versus Delta thread and making 8th grade comments (see above). Most Delta pilots I talk to are really cool and don't care about this crap. So what gives? Turn off that monitor and discover something called sunshine. Try it...you'll like it.
Otto

And once again, a simple question turns into some guys/gals going at it about which company screwed over who and blah blah blah. Makes me want to just go get a job at McDonald's and forget about being a pilot.

Otto,

Yes dude, I am a Delta pilot, and I have a lot of friends that were furloughed and would have like the opportunity to maybe fly for Comair, but no. A lot of the Delta guys you know don't care? Hmmmm. Well, most of the Captains I fly with say we should never hire another Comair guy/girl---and you should care about that. It really is too bad if your friends don't care. I hope nothing bad ever happens to them.

Trainerjet,

Yeah, I know this gets old, and I swear I was over it on this board until about a week ago when I read something from a Comair guy that flamed me up again. I will try to stop posting on this. Unfortunately this really seems to be a dead issue. I am just glad that Delta seems to be stopping furloughs for the time being. Sorry about the in-fighting.

Bye Bye----General Lee:eek:

Latest resources

Back