leave ALG for CHQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"right now we're a little fat on FO's"

...I'm not sure that is the case. Last month reserve captains were being called A LOT to fly FO trips.

boilerflyer said:
The chance of the AWA-Delta thing happening again depends on timing. Right now, we have about 33 jets flying for USAirways, and about 30 or so on order for Delta and United in the next 14 months. So if USAirways goes under soon, I think it'd be an easy fix, you just repaint and defer orders. If they go under a year from now...who knows?

How will those fifty seaters fit in with DAL's plans for us, though?

Up grade times are going to change due to our increase in size. Right now we have 900 pilots, since only a few are leaving we would have to have 1800 pilots before you upgrade. I don't think that 3 years is realistic even with our growth. New hires now may be looking at 4-5 years just based on the math.

I would predict that a lot of Delta's regional growth going forward will benefit CHQ, Skywest and Skyway given their competitive cost structures. CHQ will be a good place to be with good upgrade opportunities. I'd rather fly an EMB135/145 than a Dash 8 too...

Latest resources

Back