Leather jackets vs. Dress jacket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They don't match.

I love my leather jacket but I don't wear it at work. It looks stupid, an sorry but the guys wearing them in uniform look stupid, just as stupid as I look wearing my flasher coat with jeans but what the f.

Blue should go with black but a black leather jack does not match an us airways blue uniform pants and hat. Change the pants and hat to black and the jacket would look a little bit more bada$$.

just the truth.

I say shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops. At least it will make the daily security song and dance easier.

or maybe a full leather sheep whool lined bomber suit like the B-17 guys wore. Complete with leather helmet and parachute harness. Don't forget your flak vest.

u·ni·form (yn-fôrm):

adj.
Always the same, as in character or degree; unvarying.
Conforming to one principle, standard, or rule; consistent.
Being the same as or consonant with another or others.
Unvaried in texture, color, or design.

n.
A distinctive outfit intended to identify those who wear it as members of a specific group.
One set of such an outfit.

What is the point of a uniform with all these options? If one guy looks like he's headed out for a mission over Berlin and the other guy looks like the Naval Commandant, where is the uniformity? Heck, our pilot group doesn't even pretend anymore. One rarely sees a hat, lots of polar fleeces, various styles of sweaters, ties they must have received on Father's Day, you name it.

And my ultimate pet peeve, those God-Awful sweaters with epaulets on the outside and nylon patches all over. Make me gag.

Hi!

SWA pilots wear leather jackets.

Does that make them unprofessional?

Does that make them look unprofessional?

If so, we'd all better follow suit, because they're about the only ones making money.

At my airline, the co. will pay for your leather jacket. The suit-jacket is not even available, unless you bought your own. It is not a uniform item.

You can wear your shirt, shirt and sweater, or shirt/leather jacket, or shirt/sweater/leather jacket.

Cliff
GRB

I see no one has addressed the practicality of the subject yet. It's all based on "looks." Well, I had enough of the "looks" aspect in the Navy when I was expected to have a set of "dress" dungarees....the bluejean work outfit. Not practical!

Oh, the leather jacket makes me look this, or him look that. Oh, it looks sooo unprofessional, especially on a "regional airine pilot!" Get over it :rolleyes: Well, not having a fancy jetway to cruise down into a pre-heated aircraft and having to do the walk-around twice as many times in a duty day as my major couterpart, I appreciate the fact that I can wear something PRACTICAL that actually keeps me warm without having to do the APU exhaust rotisserie half way through the inspection!

atpcliff said:

SWA pilots wear leather jackets...
Does that make them look unprofessional?
...because they're about the only ones making money.

a. We know!!!
b. A wee bit. Your F/A's in shorts definately do!
c. SWA I'm sure would still make money if they converted to an all blazer fleet. I think?

Last edited:
leather

Yes leather for leather.

that way when you get off all you need is a whip and it is off to party time.

As for the hooters FA , i hope to see jump suits that would be a nice touch.
:cool:

Latest resources

Back