Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CaptBuzzard

I'm back!
I didn't want to start a poll, but if your airline allows leather jackets to be issued, do you like them better than the dress jacket?

At ASA the leather jacket rules, I don't even know where my dress jacket is anymore.

I like the Dress Jacket, more buisness like. Plus I look like an idiot in a leather jacket.

--03M

Leather Rules!!

Do the 1st flight of the day walk-around opening all the exterior access panels and equipment doors at 0500 in Montreal when it is -30C and blowing like crazy and tell me that dress jacket and flasher coat works for you!

I think the leather coat is much more versatile. Not only does it keep you warm and comfy on duty (screw the looks issue!) you can peel off the bars and name tag for off-duty carousing. I know I was much more comfortable in Portland, ME walking back from dinner than my CA in his flasher coat! That just looks gawdy in jeans, anyway!!

I will only wear the leather jacket provided they allow me to wear leather pants, also. Like a leather tuxedo.
It's the blazer for me.

Try packing a coat!! Leather jackets are for flight instructors, WWII Bomber pilots, and pilot wannabe's. I walk around the terminal and the pilots that I see in the leather jackets look like little kids.

Despite what the Mesa pilots are doing to the profession, we are just that....professionals. Dress like it.

If you need the leather jacket for picking up chicks, I am truly sorry for you.

Mayday.

well guess it depends...

at my company we have some wearing the Leathers and some with the 'flasher' jacket. If it were something more pre-dominant like at FedEx/SWA then I'd wear the Leather.

Here's my 10 cents
my 2 cents is free
Nuisance who sent?
You sent for me?

Rook
600' AGL Autopilot on.
'WHEW!'

I like the leather SO much better than the blazer. You dont have the limiting movement in the leather jacket, like you do in the "suit coat". I have had several passengers compliment my leather jacket.
On the other hand, how you wear the rest of the uniform matters more. If you're wearing a leather coat and you hat is tilted way back on your head with your tie loose, you do look like a PT boat commander.

Latest resources

Back