Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AAflyer

Gretting AirTran Guys and Gals,

If you have this information already my apologies. I had noticed a thread that they were doing away with with the leather jacket, not sure who your original vendor was, but Pops Leather continues to make them.

Pops Leather is in Turkey, and many airline pilots and Airforce types have been ordering their products for years. The quality is many cases is better than the original product, and it is most likely cheaper. Many of our military pilots will bring the specific flight jacket (from each respective airline) to Pops and it is then duplicated.

Checkout

Popsleather.com

AA

A recent message from the cheifs' office stated that the leather can still be worn for those who already have it, but the new hires are not able to purchase one.

Pops is the best!

The sales guy flies for FEDEX and a Viper driver (F16) for the Ohio Guard. I have a Pops jacket and for the money it is way superior to the Perrone.

AirTran for about 6 months now......second time's the charm!

I'll throw out my vote for Pop's as well - they did an outstanding job modifying my USAF issue leather jacket.

Mooseflyer
- someone posted the same question a few weeks ago so I am reposting my old reply.

>>>
To order the epaulettes and the name patch contact Deanna P. Eason at HPDirect (I think they are affiliated with the company store somehow, I’m not sure?)

Direct Line: 678-781-9362, Main Line: 678-942-1801 Ext: 9362, email: [email protected], or [email protected]

Below is the info she sent me when I placed the order:

“I am not sure if you are a first officer or captain so I listed both items for you.

When you order the patch make sure you tell the customer service person that you also need the Velcro for the patch. [it’s brown Velcro which matches the jacket]

First Officer:

Patch: AT4999BK

LLBean Epaulettes: AT4985BR

Captain:

Patch: AT4998BR

LLBean Epaulettes: AT4986BR

[Note! They have regular epaulettes too; the LLBean version fits the jacket much better as they are slightly tapered and slightly smaller. If you look at the “regular” epaulettes for the jacket you’ll find out they are too large for the epaulet-strip on the jacket]

Thanks

Deanna"

Deanna P. Eason [email protected]

Purchasing Coordinator

Email: [email protected]

Direct Line: 678-781-9362

Main Line: 678-942-1801 Ext: 9362

Web: www.hpidirect.net

Shipping Method UPS Ground

Order Information

Epaulette - $10.50

Personalized Leather Patch - $25.00

Subtotal: $35.50

Shipping: $6.23

Tax: $0.00

Grand Total: $41.73

Regarding the jacket itself:
I still think www.airborne-leathers.com have the best deal. The leather itself is slightly thicker than the company version and you really can’t beat their price. Best thing to do, try the company store first, if it’s still available, and then try Abbots (close to Virgina Avenue). If you prefer Abbots’ version, buy from airborne-leathers. (I do NOT get any kickbacks, I promise! Every new-hire in my class ordered from them based on the price alone!)

Hope this helped,

av80r

Had Pops custom build a leather jacket to my specs. Took the best of the flight jackets out there and blended them together.... A nice hybrid. I had my name painted on the leather, hidden on the outside of the collar as it is folded down....

Great jacket. Quality leather. Very personal.

I had a sheep skin jacket done as well.

Pops is kewl.....

Latest resources

Back