Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captzaahlie

My kind of FOD!
My company recently bought me a Perrone leather jacket.
Anybody know the best product(s) way to care /clean it?
(when the time comes) Also does it need any waterproofing
for when you get caught in the rain with it? The flyer that came with it suggested a bunch of don'ts but not any do's.
Thanks in Advance, Z.

I've used a spray that I got from Wilson's Leather (not sure if they're still in business). It helped the jacket repel water, stains, and kept it soft. It worked well. You sprayed it on, let it set for a minute then work it in with an old T-shirt. I'm sure you can find something similar at a leather goods shop at a mall.

Waterproof? Ever see a cow leak?

Once a year I coat it with mink oil and buff it off. Seems to keep it waterproof and supple. 5 years and it looks like new.

I've used a spray that I got from Wilson's Leather (not sure if they're still in business). It helped the jacket repel water, stains, and kept it soft. It worked well. You sprayed it on, let it set for a minute then work it in with an old T-shirt. I'm sure you can find something similar at a leather goods shop at a mall.

Wilson's went under...

armour all-- after im done detailing my car and my jepps i just use the rag over the leather jacket- paying close attention not to fray the "captain's embroidered wings"

read the freaking tag!

Latest resources

Back