Learjet company?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MissKittyKat

Is this true? Will the Learjet company be using their Lears to launch people into space. This has to coincide with the gentleman who took a plane into space recently and won alot of money for doing such an accomplishment.

Does anyone have any interesting articles or downloads to read if this happens to be true? Thanks MissKittyKat

Just say no. Don't do drugs. Stay in school.

And don't post when doing said drugs...what on earth are you talking about???

Gentleman, I am asking a serious question, did anyone here this? YOU know you saw it on the news when a gentleman took a plane into space not a spaceship and there was some talk that they were going to use Lears in the future. I was just wondering what was the next step on this since this was an aviation community.

I am facinated with this experiment and wanted to have a "general discussion on it" Seriously does anyone know if they are using Lears for this future project?

Thanks MissKittyKat

Ah, cute idea. I see someone has finally found a way to make the 20 series Lears useful again...

10 psi differential, they say. I believe the highest the original designs in the 20 series were certified to was 51,000, and it wasn't really a good idea even then. With 10 psid, what would that make the cabin pressure during a typical geosyncronous orbit...something like 80,000' cabin pressure altitude?

Makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

At least the Lear looks like an airplane.

That Rutan X-Plane looked like something from Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

I got to see the Space Ship One and White Knight when it landed here in Tulsa. It was very cool to see, even more impressive to see it land. I guess White Knight uses the CJ610s like the Lear 20 series has.

Latest resources

Back