Learjet Captain's Wanted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RVR5000

Midlantic Jet Charters is looking for Learjet Captain's out of Atlantic City, NJ. We currently have a fleet of 1 Lear 31, 2 Lear 35's, 1 Lear 55, 1 Lear 60 and 3 King Air's. A competitive candidate should have over 4,000 hours total time with a current 8410. Right now the pilot's are guaranteed 5 days off per month but once we have the crews we need, it will change to 8 days per month. If this sounds like something you or someone you know would who is qualified would be interested in, call Mike Hodel at (609) 383-1555.

Woohoo. Bring your own training and have no life.

Charter operators never have the crews they need.

I wouldn't mind something like that, depending on the pay and location, but why is it that NOBODY is EVER willing to pay to type someone? I've got 500 hours of Lear time, been to initial, but not typed.

CapnVegetto said:
I wouldn't mind something like that, depending on the pay and location, but why is it that NOBODY is EVER willing to pay to type someone? I've got 500 hours of Lear time, been to initial, but not typed.

Because they know you'll leave for a better job as soon as you can be captain.:uzi:

I was going to post a comment right after this guy posted his "advertisement".

It wasn't going to be pretty so I just thought the better of it and left him alone. HOWEVER, considering they are looking for multiple Captains in this environment and will not type in the aircraft and want a current 8410 they have to be wondering why they are having a hard time finding Captains.
Five hards days off a month?? BS!!That is code for you will have no life and no days off. Anything under 10-12 hard days off a month is not even worth looking into.

Another scum bag charter operator. Maybe Skyline should look into flying with these guys. :rolleyes:

I knew a pilot (co-worker 2 jobs ago for me) that went from flying for an aerial mapping company, C-172, C-182, PA-23, into the right seat of the king air, then the right seat of the Lears... He eventually got into the Lear 60 & i believe he was the only SIC at Midlantic that could be an SIC in the LR-60 at the time. Anyway he moved on... I guess he got tired of working 24-7. It's to bad... I'd love to get my chance to fly a Lear Jet! & My familys got a shore house in Ventnor, NJ just south of Atlantic City....

Dangerkitty said:
I was going to post a comment right after this guy posted his "advertisement".
It wasn't going to be pretty so I just thought the better of it and left him alone. HOWEVER, considering they are looking for multiple Captains in this environment and will not type in the aircraft and want a current 8410 they have to be wondering why they are having a hard time finding Captains.
Five hards days off a month?? BS!!That is code for you will have no life and no days off. Anything under 10-12 hard days off a month is not even worth looking into.
Another scum bag charter operator. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So why is it that everyone blasts on charter operators like this? 5 days off? So what, it's charter. The regs only require 13 a quarter. If you dont like it you dont have to apply for the job. Unfortunately there are not 50,000 part 91 jobs out there paying 100 grand or better a year, so you take the best opportunity you find.
I worked there for a while and had a pretty good experience there. Just because you "only " get 5 days off a month doesn't mean you automatically work all the other days. I think their DOM is very good and I liked every one I worked with.

Now, maybe no job is perfect but, Midlantic was better than my previous job and my current job is better then Midlantic.
If my job went away Mike would be one of the first calls I'd make.

If you like the So. Jersey area (great fishing & night life) then give it a shot.

I'm glad I did.

Latest resources

Back