Lear Typing: telling the good from the b

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks.

I have no illusions about being hired as a captain. This would, howerver, be the second time that I missed a good SIC job due a lack of a type rating.

Are there any type companies in the notheast? Near Philly? New York?

Mike Pappas

Sorry to learn he's giving only Citation types now. Too bad. Mike's one of the best people around. Accordingly, I'd recommend getting a Citation type from Mike Pappas to anyone.

Good luck with finding someone for the Lear. And, Timebuilder, I, too, agree with your rationale in getting your type. Your situation is different than the usual hurry-up-before-I-get-too-old-and/or-I'm-rich-and-can-afford-to-cut-in-line-and-damm-the-rest-of-you P-F-T sob story.

Last edited:
Timebuilder,

I still say never give an employer anything. Because you're only perpetuating the kind of treatment that is now holding you back. But, in the corporate world, there are contract jobs that can be had to properly qualified pilots. Then, you are working for yourself. If you have the contacts to get such work, buying a type can be a very good investment. Others have suggested that you work a deal with your present employer, I don't agree. If you want a type, just buy it from some one who makes his living in the training world, instead of some employer who subsidizes his department on the backs of aspiring pilots.
Luck
8N

Another factor is that all of my SIC training was in the airplane, after finishing the ground training. The lack of sim work means that I haven't had as much exposure to abnormal and emergency ops as I would like. Sim Com/Pan Am has a full 12 hours in the sim for their 9 day upgrade program, and I don't have to wait for a nod in order to get the chance.

No one knows of a type shop in the northeast?

Latest resources

Back