Lear Type rating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Masterplan

I have over 5000 hours with PIC 135 charter and cargo background but the local charter company (SF Bay Area) won't even acknowledge me with out a type rating. I even have an insider trying to help me out. This is the case at more than one operator so I am assuming it is the norm. Anybody know where I can get a cheap Lear type rating to get in the door? If anybody knows of any jobs around here that don't require a type rating pass me some info on those as well please.

Cheap type rating? Is 13,000 cheap?

For many years pilots have been content to take the training and run...I've seen it countless times...pilots who messed the bed for everyone else, and today, it's getting harder and harder to find employers who are willing to type without a substantial commitment. The LR-JET type is a common type, and learjet pilots are a dime a dozen. Getting a company to type you in the lear, off the street without coming in as a first officer and showing a commitment to the company, may not be easy when there's an endless supply of lear pilots from whom to choose.

Lr-jet

That's funny cause I got a Lear type back in August and can't land a LR-JET job because I got it under part 91 and don't have any time in the actual plane. Go figure. I got the type for FREE through the WIA after being furloughed this last summer. Good luck!

CH

Latest resources

Back