Lear Job for $40/Day!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shamus said:
Hell I would do it for free just to build the flight time!!!

Hence lies the problem with pay for pilots and Flight Instructors. There is always someone willing to do what it takes to build flight time.

Me.

CloudyIFR said:
Hence lies the problem with pay for pilots and Flight Instructors. There is always someone willing to do what it takes to build flight time.

Me.

I have read alot of Shamus's posting...He was VERY much kidding. You are right though, there are alot of pilots out there willing to "whore" themselves out. Shamus is not one of them.

Stealthh

Hell I wouldn't even wash it for that. That should be at least a couple hundred for a basic hosedown, no waxing or degreasing involved.

Chipola is probably the biggest bottom feeder Ive have ever seen. Meet some of their pilots one time. Long story short, some of the pilots they hire are foreigners who have LOTS of money and are happy with 40/day because of the jet time. They build their time in the states and then go home qualified to land a REAL job in their own country. Those type of pilots make me wanna puke.

Well I happen to be good friends with 2 guys from Holland. One of them just got a job with Chipola. I can say the exact opposite of what you just said about both of them. The guy that works for them that I know is getting a decent salary as an f/o w/ chipola because he has like 2500 and couple hundred turbine pic.... (that's thier excuse for giving him a good salary.) If you ask me, it should be the same salary regardless of times... a right seat is a right seat.

Stealthh21 said:
I have read alot of Shamus's posting...He was VERY much kidding. You are right though, there are alot of pilots out there willing to "whore" themselves out. Shamus is not one of them.

Stealthh

Thanks Stealthh21, I figured they would have gussed I was joking after seeing the aircraft experience that is listed on the side of the screen.

The toughest part of watching people whore them selves out is that if they just kept on flying cargo, flighting instructing, or whatever for another six months, as painful as that is, they would have a much greater feeling of self-fulfillment in the end. Besides the companies that don't pay well don't treat you very well anyway. Happy employees make good employees.

The infamous Doug Gilliland is owning/running Chipola now, since he lost the American Air Network certificate. Stay very far away.

I know who Doug is... what is he notorious for? American Air Network certificate? didn't of any such thing.

if the pay was right I'd jump on that offer seeing as how I'd like to get back to PFN very bad! and from the guy that I know who works there - I hear all positive things.

I'd like to hear what others have to say though.

Latest resources

Back