• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lear jet formation?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Except for when it's you, then you need MY permission!

I actually can't think of anyone from whom I'd less consider seeking permission, were it at all required...which of course, it is not.

I'm not certain they were lear jets...but today over west Chicago 'burbs while playing tennis....two biz jets in tight formation flew over. Is this something ordinarily done by the military versions? Or was it just civi with the proper authorization?

It was cool...never seen the biz jets in that tight formation.

W

We did an 8-ship formation of C-21s (Lears) and C-12s (King Airs) back in 1992. The lear is a fine platform at speed, but it was little wobbly at speeds for the King Airs.

I got to do several other formation flights at Scott, Keesler, and Edwards (used to take the C-21 there for Test Pilot Candidates to evaluate).

We also used to train for low-levels.

I dont' know what they're doing with them now.

I'm not certain they were lear jets...but today over west Chicago 'burbs while playing tennis....two biz jets in tight formation flew over. Is this something ordinarily done by the military versions? Or was it just civi with the proper authorization?

It was cool...never seen the biz jets in that tight formation.

W

The only authorization required for formation flight is that both pilots agree to the formation...........kinda weird. You can fly formation all day if you wish. Its perfectly legal.

Thanks for the replys! Was in Continental j/s the other day with an ex T-1 guy.

W

Latest resources

Back