Lear 60XL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Stealthh21

Just read a thread talking about a Lear 60XL. I can't finnd ANYTHING on the internet in regards to the XL. Anyone have any good info on the airplane? I know they came out with a "special edition" Lear 60 in OCT 2004, but I can't see any real differences in that compared to previous years.

Regards.

I believe they are one in same. the SE is just bombardier's idea of throwing all the available options on the airplane and making it a new edition. I was told that all knew airframes were SE's but I'm not so sure.

There are rumors from ICT that maybe a Lear 70 is in the works. Full double club with 45 style wing and tires/wheels/brakes. I don't know why it would need it but also bigger engines.

I was just reading on the Bombardier website, I downloaded the info packet for the Special Lear 60 and performance wise is the same as any other Lear 60. A lear 70 is news to me. You 135 or 91?

Yeah, SE is just a loaded airplane. No performance change. The demo and flight test guys said something to me last time I was at the service center there about it. We are 91

Everyone that has flown both tells me if they would just take the 60 fuselage and mate it with Learjet 45 wings/brake you'd really have an airplane... Thoughts ???

h25b said:
Everyone that has flown both tells me if they would just take the 60 fuselage and mate it with Learjet 45 wings/brake you'd really have an airplane... Thoughts ???

I have heard that. The 60 does need a better wing, and REALLY needs a new landing gear!!!!!!! The 45 wing is much longer. I dont know much about it though. Any 45 guys cares to comment??

Stealthh21 said:
I have heard that. The 60 does need a better wing, and REALLY needs a new landing gear!!!!!!! The 45 wing is much longer. I dont know much about it though. Any 45 guys cares to comment??

The 60 has the 31 wing-very thin. It needs cop transmission, cop engine, cop brakes, errrr.......bigger brakes and a better wing. The 45 cabin is about 2 feet longer ( I think). 7 seats, but perfect for 4 pax-no mas.

h25b said:

I would agree with that totally. My first thought when I heard about the 70 was they'd have the same problem, big fuse with no wing. My hope is they'll scale up the 45 wing to handle the new airframe. I couldn't get any kind of gross weight or range estimates from the guys in ICT so I'm not real sure what they have in mind there

fly4kix said:
I would agree with that totally. My first thought when I heard about the 70 was they'd have the same problem, big fuse with no wing. My hope is they'll scale up the 45 wing to handle the new airframe. I couldn't get any kind of gross weight or range estimates from the guys in ICT so I'm not real sure what they have in mind there

I agree. The 60 is a great airplane. With a better wing it really would be incredible! Hope they work up something good out there in ICT!

I typed 60XL but I'm wrong...it is 60SE. Hope I didn't get anybody's hopes up too soon for an improved 60. Sure would be nice. Just flew a couple guys today in the 60 that are used to a CJ and they just about wet themselves!!! (No offense to you CJ pilots...wish I could fly one of those and be home more!) The 60 is starting to look like a classic Vette with some of the newer designs rolling out...but I'd be happy flying one for the rest of my life!

Latest resources

Back