Lear 60 questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

be1900d driver

I'm looking at a Lear 60 FO slot that offer's 50k plus bennies, does that sound as good as I think it does? What's the average out there for most FO's on this type. I believe they will type me in it, that 's the feeling anyway, they're making up their mind, would you say the type ride is as hard as a 1900 type? The sim is in Dallas with Simuflite, any opinions about them and how would they compare with Flightsafety? It should be a 91 check only. Reading past posts it looks like the normal 91 start for a 91 corp job in a mid size jet is about 30-40k, I feel good about 50. any insight into this world would be appreciated.
PS. How does it fly compared to the 25 series if at all?

Thanks

The 60 is on par with the 20 series for performance, especially climb, but with more benign flight habits.

50 is decent pay for the 60, probably slightly high, but okay. Considering an average for a 35 would be in the low to mid thirties, you're doing fine.

Expect to see things happen faster than in the 1900. Systems and actions are more simplified. If anything, less is required of you, but you need to stay farther ahead of the airplane. This will manifest itself as you get compound emergencies and still need to navigate an arrival and approach. You'll have less time, and things will happen a little more quickly. It shouldn't be a big deal.

Good luck!

This really should be posted in the Corporate section if you want a really good response from Corporate pilots on the Lear.

The pay/benefits sound decent for an SIC position, but it all depends on location, schedule, upgrade potential, and many other factors.

If the 1900 is comparable to a KA200, you are looking at quite a jump. Don't worry about it, though, jets are easier to fly, but things do happen faster. Don't let yourself get wrapped up in the FMS and not pay attention to whats happening as too many people do. Fly the airplane first. Deal with the electronics second. The basics will all be there - all the info you need to fly an airplane.

Latest resources

Back