Lear 60 captain pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stealthh21 said:
Anyone have any input about what a Lear 60 captain should make? Part 135? Part 91?

What part of the country are we talking here?

In the Southeast many operators (Part 91) will start a Captain with experience at around $75,000 to $80,000.

When I say Southeast I don't mean Florida. I don't know whats in the water down there but most of the pilots I have come in contact with are flying for next to nothing.

Last edited:
Dangerkitty said:

In the Southeast many operators (Part 91) will start a Captain with experience at around $75,000 to $80,000.

When I say Southeast I don't mean Florida. I don't know whats in the water down there but most of the pilots I have come in contact with are flying for next to nothing.

Yeah I guess I should have included that. I mean like in the northern virgina up to New York City area.

thanks!!

A good buddy of mine is a lear 60 captain for peneske in Pontiac, MI. His starting pay was $70,000, which also included a $5,000 sign on bonus. Beginning his third year there he will $77,000. Hope that gives you a idea. He did have a type before getting hired.

Dangerkitty said:

Yeah, they really screw you in FL, because they think that since you have the honor and privilige of living in FL, that you should get paid less. But there's plenty of duma$$es that will take nothing just to live there. When I quit my corporate job down there, my boss got several resumes from guys that said they wanted no salary, just expenses paid because they want to live in FL. He threw all of them in the garbage, saying 'if you don't think enough of yourself to ask for a decent wage, I don't want you working for me.' It was probably one of the only good paying jobs in FL. The job sucked, though. I was home 10 days in a good month. Couldn't stand that crap. :)

CapnVegetto said:
Yeah, they really screw you in FL, because they think that since you have the honor and privilige of living in FL, that you should get paid less. But there's plenty of duma$$es that will take nothing just to live there. When I quit my corporate job down there, my boss got several resumes from guys that said they wanted no salary, just expenses paid because they want to live in FL. He threw all of them in the garbage, saying 'if you don't think enough of yourself to ask for a decent wage, I don't want you working for me.' It was probably one of the only good paying jobs in FL. The job sucked, though. I was home 10 days in a good month. Couldn't stand that crap. :)

I see-don't think enough of yourself to have only 10 days off. So, you'll give up QOL for pay? Which is a worse whore attribute?

miles otoole said:
I see-don't think enough of yourself to have only 10 days off. So, you'll give up QOL for pay? Which is a worse whore attribute?

Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Am I still there? First and foremost, when I took the job, they told me one thing, when I got there, it was totally different. Small, one jet, two pilot operation. CP and me. I don't mind working 20 days a month, but I do mind being away from home 20 days a month.

So I guess if you're not making $150K a year flying a GV 4 days a month, you're a whore? Get over yourself. That's life dude, and you're going to be working for the majority of it. That job taught me that QOL is much more important to me than pay. I want a decent, livable wage and good QOL. I don't want a buttload of money and to hate my job. That's what it was there. I had plenty of dough, but no life to speak of.

Sometimes you get something and it's not what you think it was. Sometimes people tell you one thing, and do something completely different. That's life man. You do what you have to do to make yours better. My fix was moving on. If you haven't figured that out by now then you seriously need to grow up.

i am in a similar operation. We have one plane, the CP and me. He is making 65,000 flying a 60. I was started at 40. they payed for both of our types though. Hope to see a big raise next year.

CAVOK69 said:
i am in a similar operation. We have one plane, the CP and me. He is making 65,000 flying a 60. I was started at 40. they payed for both of our types though. Hope to see a big raise next year.

many years ago i was in a two man operation. it was fun for a couple years. however, sooner or later you get a little bored with it- at least that was my experience. then it is time to move on. :)

The low-end charter operators in SoCal pay 75k to start for a lear 60 captain.

Latest resources

Back