Lear 45 FO Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Secret Agent

Can someone please let me know what the going salary is for a fulltime FO in the mid atlantic on the Lear 45? They will type me (PIC) and require a three year contract.
Thanks!

Can someone please let me know what the going salary is for a fulltime FO in the mid atlantic on the Lear 45? They will type me (PIC) and require a three year contract.
Thanks!

IMHO three years is way too much. Year OK.

Good luck!

3 years? I've never heard of that.

Yeah, I think three years is long too. That is why I was curious about fair pay for that position so I can be prepared when the numbers fly.

3 years means they've been unable to keep anyone around long enough to make their investment worth it. This probably indicates at least four things.

1) They can't afford the airplane
2) They can't keep a quality pilots to 'put up' with them
3) The pay won't be worth the working conditions to be trapped for 3 years
4) You should look elsewhere or negotiate a reduced contract

3 years is very non industry standard. Typical 'long term' contracts run 18mo to 2 years at the most. I'd be very cautious as to why they feel it necessary to make it three years. Of course, this is just my opinion....

I'm with these guys, one year or no deal. Maybe 18 months but I wouldn't accept anything else. My thoughts have pretty much been echoed by the above folks. A three year contract usually means non-desirable working conditions. I know its tough sometimes to break into the corporate world but believe me, no job is better than a flying job that you absolutely hate and have to stay with for another three years lest you pay the contract. Be patient, a better offer is out there if this one doesn't pan out for ya. Tell them one year or no deal.....make us proud!

OK guys, understand...three years...BAD, but please, can anyone give me the NBAA numbers for PIC and SIC on a Lear 45 in the mid atlantic? I need the whole picture. Thanks!

If you are considering a three year contract, or any contract for that matter, you had better make absolutely sure that work conditions are addressed in specific detail. Days off, how they are scheduled, how you are compensated if you choose to work them, vacation accrual and scheduling, performance reviews, promotion opportunities, severance, etc. So many people sign these "I will pay you if I quit" contracts and never bother to look down the road to foresee what rights this gives the contract holder to make you miserable and then hold a $30,000 bill over your head.

Give 'em what they want, and get what you want...

If they want you to guarantee 3 years, make them come to the table and guarantee that you will want to work there for three years.

Latest resources

Back