• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lear 23 aerobatic routine

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I stand corrected. I met Younkin once - he was a great guy. Seems like he had a cargo -18 he ran on a 135 certificate, in addition to his show plane. I'll be on the front row!

Bob Hoover

Didn't Bob Hoover have a Lear acro routine? I know he did with a twin Commander. I saw it one time and it was absolutely astounding. What made it all the more astounding is I read once that during the entire routine he loads the airframe to +1G max.

Well I just found out recently that someone around has the Part 135 and IFR certified Waco. I was wondering if anyone had any information on this guy?

While working for Rockwell... makes sense - Shrike Commander and Sabreliner.

Hoover is number 1 in my book. First time I saw him was in Dallas in '75 in his P-51. Last time was in his Shrike at Reno in 1999. He always put on a good show. Not to mention his military background... I didn't realize until recently that while a WWII combat pilot, he was shot down, POW, then escaped in a stolen FW-190! What a guy!

He was killed last year in Sampson.

RIP

LR25 said:
He was killed last year in Sampson.

RIP

Along with Jimmy Franklin (who used to fly the jet powered Waco someone mentioned earlier in this post). :(

I saw a video of the Franklin crash ... very sad.

Latest resources

Back