There are 5 28's:

-Arizona
-California (2)
-Colorado
-Mexico

All the 29's are owned by the Pakistani Air Force

Always wanted to fly one!

Whats a 29?

The 29 is identical to the 28, but with six seats and an extra 600 or so pounds of fuel available in the trunk. Pakastan uses it as a high altitude stand-off reconnaissance platform.

Last edited:
so now what?

with drvsm looming, what are the plans @ the many small operators who operate these types? hate to see the 135 on my block close shop, but i don't think they have one ship w/ less than ~18,000hrs. hardly worth spending any money on those. the spirit wing folks are working on a rsvm re-fit for the 24 and 25, but #1, it's not ready, and #2, it's gonna be expensive.

on availability, averitt had several 25's of good status that were for sale a few months ago. i was told that an offer of $700k would not be laughed at.

The problem many operators are facing is what to replace the 20's with. No matter what the aircraft, you will still have to spend from $100,000 to 750,000 to make it RVSM.

Right now everyone is using ICAO RVSM standards to meet the requirements. The FAA has stated that the current ICAO RVSM standards would be accepted, but the TCAS II system must have Rev 7. DRVSM may be a little less expensive due to different requirements. Not much, if any.

Also there are other issues that may make it desirable to make some 20's RVSM. Like cargo STC's, etc. Before you say it, I am refering to the FAA letter that grandfathers any T-cat aircraft that had a cargo STC prior to 1998.

As for Averrit and their 20's, they would be jumping through hoops if someone offered them $700K for one of their aircraft. My boss just bought two of them for less than what the engines were worth. He's treating them like throw-aways. Run 'em out, junk 'em.

Latest resources

Back