• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lear 20/30 Series Big Boy question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah I just get in the back and sleep on the freight so I am only stuffed in that cockpit for 45 minutes at a time maybe. Oh yeah that is not professional???? Sorry but at 6-2 I hinder the full movement of the flight controls so I think it is ok

I am 6'4" and I prefered the 25s vs. the 35s for comfort. With the center console missing in the 25s it made the leg twitching and moving around easier.

Being 6'3" I always had a heckuva time getting in and out of a Lear 35. I had to use the trick of removing the seatback cushion just so I could fit in the seat. Even then, my knees were always in the way of the controls, and my left leg would painfully rub against the friction lock knob while my left knee would risk banging into the flaps and causing a very interesting albeit unexpected maneuver. With my legs being as long as they were, I didn't have any of my weight supported by my legs on the seat so it was all in my tailbone. After a night of flying those things my rear end and lower back would hurt so bad I couldn't even stand up.

But 39DK at Airnet was a great plane because the seat went back unusually far. I could sit in it without removing the back cushion. Nice and comfy.

I'm 6-5 and not of small stature. The 24's and 25's were basically the same, tight fit, but if i take my shoes off i have full range of motion with the yoke. and I have big legs..

When I was a right seat it was a bit less, because the handle for the emergency brake was in the way, and I didn't want to be in them long enough for my body to "grom around" the Lear

Latest resources

Back