• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LAX near miss?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I enjoy the Mesa bashing as most but we need to understand what possibly could have happened. To see an airliner crash either it be regional or major is not a good look. Thank God an accident was avoided. We all have opinions about each other's regionals but we all know the what happens in that cockpit on a day to day basis. Good piloting by the UEX crew.

AngelKing said:
Still trying to figure out what a "near miss" is? If they came close together but didn't hit, wouldn't that be a near hit? If they hit, but just barely, wouldn't that be a "near miss"?

AK

Steal George Carlin's material much?

that must have been a smelly cockpit all the way to MRY! hope we have some good stain remover or invest in new seats... :) I'm so happy that the outcome is such that we can all joke around a bit about this.

Sympathy to the MEsa guys/gals too, it can't be too much fun to have to deal with the aftermath of this.

"Officials will shut down the airport's southernmost runway, known as 25L, today and start rebuilding it 55 feet closer to El Segundo. In March, the agency will reopen the runway and start building a center taxiway in between the two runways to the south of the terminals."

Anyone want to take bets on who will be the first to land, or attempt to land, on the new taxiway?

Wow - I am surprised this was not posted earler it happened on the 26th and was on the LA News. I dont think I would believe everything the news has to say. But - I this case if you know someone over at Mesa have them look up the flight crew. Ca happens to be a Freedom A lister who commutes from SLC -

Baraqyal said:
Steal George Carlin's material much?

Actually, I have heard of George Carlin, but have never listened to George Carlin except for the 7 dirty words bit (or whatever it was). So, if you never heard it, is that still considered stealing?

AK

All that I can say is, it was a combination of skill on the point of the UEX crew and the controller; and an enormous amount of luck. I just guess it is proof positive that Mesa does have crews on staff that would rather die than put that airline name on a resume.

Homerdispatch, go away. You give the rest of us at SkyWest a bad name. We pilots do enough to make the operational side of thing look bad let alone a paper pusher assisting. Runway incursions have happened to SkyWest pilots as well.

Latest resources

Back