LAX career fair on Sept. 17th and Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyingToIST

I am heading down there for the Skywest mainly. A buddy of mine with similar hours applied online and got "thanks but no thanks" letter. My application hasn't even been reviewed since June (at least that what it says online). So, I thougth personal contact would be a better choice..

If you dont have any turbine or 121 experience its going to be tough. I dont know if its worth the 170 dollar registration fee if all you have is barely 1000 hours all in a recip. I am not trying to discourage you, just letting you know how it is with skywest.

blackbox said:
If you dont have any turbine or 121 experience its going to be tough. I dont know if its worth the 170 dollar registration fee if all you have is barely 1000 hours all in a recip. I am not trying to discourage you, just letting you know how it is with skywest.

That was the impression that I got from some other people. I know a CAPT that used to be my CFI. Then when I was riding them last June I met a new hire based in SLC and he encouraged me to apply.

The interviews on aviationinterviews.com make it seem like you either have to know some people and/or attend these fairs.

Thanks for the warning though..

blackbox said:

That is an extremely inaccurate statement. You can get in just fine without turbine or 121 time. If you get an interview, the job is your so long as you make a good impression, fly the sim within the FAR's. I know plenty of people without turbine or 121 that have been able to get on with SkyWest.

Flying - Making the personal contact is probably a good bet. Just be sure you have the mins - 1000/100/100inst

Last edited:
If you know someone at SKYW, have them walk you res in. Save yourself the money. Interviews in SLC are 5 days a week now. About 8 per interview. Plenty of CFI's interviewing, as well as the turbine drivers. More % of those with 121/135 time being hired, but still around 2/5 of the most recent class is CFI's.

Did they update their online job application recently? It looks different now and I can't find my info... How long ago did they do this?

Thanks for any info... Navin

Their online application took a big nose dive if you ask me. I was able to login yesterday with 100s of tries and when i requested my password it was set to something that was never given by me. I think they changed HR vendors and that is messing it up.

Today I am having similar problems with it, that is the reason I decided to take the flight down to LAX and meet them in person.

BTW, is their requirement for 100 hrs instrument is for actual only or is it for actually + simulated.

Thanks..

FlyingToIST said:
BTW, is their requirement for 100 hrs instrument is for actual only or is it for actually + simulated.

Thanks..
Actual & Sim total. Best of luck! SKYW is a great company.

Latest resources

Back