Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tarp

Below is a question from (I believe) a mythical automotive webboard:

Q: How many list subscribers does it take to change a spark plug?

A: 1,445:

1 to change the spark plug and to post to the mail list that the spark plug has been changed;

14 to share similar experiences of changing spark plugs and how the spark plug could have been changed differently;

7 to caution about the dangers of changing spark plugs;

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing spark plugs;

53 to flame the spell checkers;

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames;

6 to argue over whether it´s ´´sparkplug´´ or ´´spark plug´´ and another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive;

156 to write to the list administrator about the spark plug discussion and its inappropriateness to this mail list;

109 to post that this list is not about spark plugs and to please take this email exchange to sparkplug flamelist-l;

203 to demand that cross posting to grammar-l, spelling-l and sparkplug-l about changing spark plugs be stopped;

111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use spark plugs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this mail list;

306 to debate which method of changing spark plugs is superior, where to buy the best spark plugs, what brand of spark plugs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty;

41 to point out that not all of us use spark plugs, representing all diesel owners;

58 to question why diesel owners are on a non-diesel mailing list;

3 to comment about conversions to electric;

27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different spark plugs;

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and to post the corrected URLs;

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this list which makes spark plugs relevant to this list;

33 to link all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and footers and then add ´´Me too´´;

12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they cannot handle the spark plug controversy;

19 to quote the ´´Me too´s´´ to say ´´Me three´´;

4 to suggest that posters request the spark plug FAQ;

44 to ask what is ´´FAQ´´;

4 to say´´didn´t we go through this already a short time ago dealing with oil filters?´´

143 to ask ´´what´s an oil filter?´´

lol, funny how true that can be sometimes.... :D

check out calforums.com, they sometimes get threads that are just like that.

but, it's all healthy conversation. :p

I've had a few spark plugs changed before on my aircraft. Learned a lot about systems that day hanging over the cowling w/ the A&P.

Latest resources

Back