Latest Update Email from PDT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skychicken

Just wondering if any other pdt people got the latest email about staffing and airplanes. I am curious to see what everybody thinks of what it means.
Basiclly, I'm bored and wanted to hear some $hit about Pdt cause its been a while!!!

skychicken said:
Just wondering if any other pdt people got the latest email about staffing and airplanes. I am curious to see what everybody thinks of what it means.
Basiclly, I'm bored and wanted to hear some $hit about Pdt cause its been a while!!!

Ummm, enlighten me. I must not be on that distribution list.

i'm curious what the hell is all with the 39 aircraft verses the 53. i remember a fleet plan with scrobola writing a fleet plan of 52 or 53 aircraft... actually this is a direct copy paste from the 2006 fleet plan that was posted dec. 9 that scrobola wrote

We are planning to operate at the 53 level at least until April, when we may drop down to 52, which would then be the active level for the remainder of the year

My comment or question is, what was he doing saying 'yea we are going to have the 50some aircaft planning; now in the email today saying we WERE scheduled to have 39 at this time.....
email today from mec with info gathered from a conferece call with the execs.

* Marketing is planning to have 53 aircraft operating through the first of the year (under the*****old restructuring plan, we were scheduled to have 39 Dash 8’s operating at this time)

Last edited:
Revolutions – Special Edition
April 27, 2006

Fleet Plan for Piedmont Airlines 2006 and Beyond
MEC Chairman Calvin Dilks participated in a conference call this morning with Piedmont President Steve Farrow, Vice President – Flight Operations Michael Scrobola, and AFA MEC President Betsy Tettlebach.***** During that time, he learned the following:
* Marketing is planning to have 53 aircraft operating through the first of the year (under the*****old restructuring plan, we were scheduled to have 39 Dash 8’s operating at this time).
* Management plans to place two aircraft in C or D checks with an additional plane held as a spare.
* The company is in the final steps of finalizing lease extensions on three to four 200’s through the October-November time period, to accommodate required maintenance as well as to acquisition the replacement of the 100’s. Leases on the remaining aircraft are being renegotiated through the end of 2010.
* The company in Bangor, ME that is currently conducting heavy checks for Piedmont is being replaced by two*****outfits (one in Canada and the other in Nashville, TN).
* Due to high fuel prices, the lease rates for 300 aircraft have increased dramatically.
* We have two Dash-8 300s with long-range fuel tanks; these aircraft are in the greatest demand and the lease for at least one of these will not be renewed.
* Piedmont currently owns 33 100’s, which have been approved for 80,000 cycles (some of the older aircraft have 60,000/ some of the newer aircraft have as few as 40,000).
* The paint program will begin during the last quarter of 2006 at the earliest (more likely, the first part of 2007) due to a lack of spare aircraft.
* The company is doubling the interior and exterior cleaning of the aircraft.
* The company will be distributing a letter shortly with*****an updated fleet plan.*****
* The company plans to hire 14 pilots in May and June.
# # #

* We have two Dash-8 300s with long-range fuel tanks; these aircraft are in the greatest demand and the lease for at least one of these will not be renewed...

...And the Turboporp renaissance begins! When the gas prices climb, the meek shall inherit the earth!

Sounds like status quo to me.

yea i agree lowlyprop capt. status quo, lets just hope that the flowthrough is good to go by the end of the leases or by the end of the 80,000 cycles of the dash's

Yay, I hope the new paint job will incorporate chickens or chicken products somehow. Kind of like the heritage planes that mainline did.

Latest resources

Back