• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest Scoop on Great Lakes Aviation LTD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what it's worth I worked for Lakes for about 9 months before getting furloughed. One difficult aspect of Lakes is that for three of those months, during training, I wasn't getting paid. So if you are planning to go that is something to consider. That being said it is some of the best flying around in my opinion. You will do quite a few raw data approaches to minimums and get some great experience flying into mountain airports. I can't imagine many commercial flights that compare to flying into Telluride, especially if you come over the ridge at 14,000. So aside from the crappy pay, training department, contract, etc. you can get a lot of time and some great experience flying at GLA. Everybody complains while they are there and I found that it is only in retrospect that one grows an affinity for lakes. If you do go try and stay positive, study your butt off for upgrade and plan on moving where you're based. Good luck!

Yeah, those MGT types at GLA were all a bunch of , of, of, of folks who thought that their individual ideas could make a difference.
PS - You have to freefall over the North Ridge at TEX at 15,000' since that land below is National Park land!!!!

UAL/GLA Codeshare

Great Lakes <is> still a UAL codeshare partner. What was dissolved was the exclusive United Express carrier agreement. To say that United dropped Great Lakes would be only half-true. It was kind of a mutual parting of ways.

To bad the WYOs are gone. For those of you at lakes right now, how is traveling?

Latest resources

Back