• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest rumors about Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's no way I would make a bunch of guys (and gals) look bad for one person... I'm shocked that's how u think. JUST Propsync and (now) Max Powers are tools; that should be clearer.

Last edited:
PropSync; you've been a tool since day 1...

Advancing the profession....

If you don't like my opinions, just click ignore. If you think I'm a tool, fine. If you're trying to start a fruitful message board war, that's ok too. I just post what I think will happen. I've been wrong many times before. I thought US Air was toast a few years back. Seems the east pilots are still trying to make it possible. I thought Airtran was getting Midwest for certain. I thought Skyway was going to get the Delta deal. I thought Skyway might actually get 50 seaters after the RFP was announced.

Thread Sum Up...

1. Midwest has a crappy contract that requires us to sit in a jumpseat if it willl bump a revenue passenger.

2. We are still a bunch of pu$$ys who would do the above even if we weren't required.

3. Everyone here is so scared of the company losing money that we get defensive about us being said pu$$ys.

I will add...

Midwest will never have a strong union. It's senior guys who only care about themselves, or everyone else who is just trying to hold on to whatever seniority they have.

The pilot group has zero say over anything.

Fuel aint going down in price anytime soon. Midwest isn't getting any money from TPG. Milwaukee has a lot of traffic, but that doesn't mean they need us.

I hope that the Midwest captains, who are too old (or lazy) to get another job have been saving their money. I'll give us 3 years max.

I don't even think that the furlough assessment would be all that much. We are not talking numbers like the last time. We are talking 35 guys, some of which are probably either under or going under their spouses insurance.

The Capt. I flew with this week was here 18 years. He supports the assessment. I told him that I don't expect people to do this, all I know is that I would without even thinking twice. Even on 1st year pay no question. I am not saying this because after June 15th I will be a professional XBOX player, its just the way I am.

1. Midwest has a crappy contract that requires us to sit in a jumpseat if it willl bump a revenue passenger.

2. We are still a bunch of pu$$ys who would do the above even if we weren't required.

3. Everyone here is so scared of the company losing money that we get defensive about us being said pu$$ys.

I will add...

Midwest will never have a strong union. It's senior guys who only care about themselves, or everyone else who is just trying to hold on to whatever seniority they have.

The pilot group has zero say over anything.

Fuel aint going down in price anytime soon. Midwest isn't getting any money from TPG. Milwaukee has a lot of traffic, but that doesn't mean they need us.

I hope that the Midwest captains, who are too old (or lazy) to get another job have been saving their money. I'll give us 3 years max.

Yep, sounds like another Skyway pilot we made the mistake of hiring. If you don't like it, then maybe you should've stayed there... then you would have a real career. This is why most guys at mainline can't stand flying with you guys, your bull$hit attitude. If you think your owed this job you are sorely mistaken.

Yep, sounds like another Skyway pilot we made the mistake of hiring.

That is uncalled for. Such a generalization does not reflect well on you. Your post (and the lack of maturity you convey in it) gives merit one of b82rez's points: there is a lack of solidarity at Midwest. I'm not saying I agree with everything that b82 wrote, but you need to get the pilot group together and get on the same sheet of music. If b82 has issues with the contract, then he needs to volunteer for a position with the union and get ready to work on it -- "Put up or shut up," if you will.

35 or your brethren know their immediate fate and, really, things will probably get worse. Helping these people is a karma thing. If you were in their shoes (or when you get in their shoes), I'm sure you'd appreciate a hand, too.

now the fun begins

I can't believe that you would generalize about Skyway people like that. WONDERFUL attitude, you must be a joy to fly with. I am assuming you must be part of the old "regime" to make comments like that. I don't agree with everything mentioned above, I will do whatever it takes including sitting in a j/s(within reason) to help the company survive, but you are the type of person the company loves. Create division within. I will be happy to vote for a charge to help our fellow brothers and sisters. Let us not all forget, times are different. No retirees for five years, "shrinkage", oil, competition, mergers. If you think that we are not all in this together, you are sorely mistaken. Take a good look, if we don't survive, I am sure that you will be looking for help from alpa or whoever to find a job asap. Kids, colleges, divorces, toys, age, we all have our crosses to bear and our bills to pay. I am sure you as well, so do unto others as you would have done unto you. I will reiterate, I don't agree with the comments to the negative on the other side either. Let's let this all play out first. How many furloughs and downgrades shake out. It could be worse, much much worse and oil hitting 118.00/bbl is not helping any of us. Fly safe, stay unified and may GOD bless us all. Here's hoping for a quick turnaround.

Yep, sounds like another Skyway pilot we made the mistake of hiring. If you don't like it, then maybe you should've stayed there... then you would have a real career. This is why most guys at mainline can't stand flying with you guys, your bull$hit attitude. If you think your owed this job you are sorely mistaken.

Be nice to him, he'll be your captain at the next airline...

Latest resources

Back