Latest rumor on SWA classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Snoopy58

Talking with an assistant chief pilot yesterday; among the good news from Mecca, he said that classes would definitely be starting in January, not February.

I asked him about the new checklist, and he said that it will be sometime in the spring or early summer, and that they couldn't afford to delay newhire classes as long as would be required to start everybody on the new procedures. So, guys in the first class or three will have to learn all new (or mostly new) procedures at the same time everyone else does.

Also heard some very interesting projections for growth. Take this as the optimistic best case, but 12,000 pilots by 2012 was mentioned. WOW!

They'll need a bigger training center to make that work... :)

Cheers!

Snoopy

Snoopy58 said:
Talking with an assistant chief pilot yesterday; among the good news from Mecca

Mecca? SWA = Mecca? Good Grief! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mecca = Dallas

Good Vibes!

I am with you Coop, Keep those positive trons coming!

Can't.....be.....much..........longer ..now.

Hey, where did that swim-up bar go? With the drain plug being pulled, maybe they pulled chocks?;)

Best to all,
Hooch

Snoopy,

Any words on the on-line app sys?

And do you think the People Dept would be willing to play "Let's Make a Deal" with the winner of PT's airplane model contest? I was thinking something like this:

The winner of the model can keep the model or try for:

Curtain Number 1, 2, or 3

They could put a bag of peanuts behind one of the curtains, a fifth of Wild Turkey behind another one, and a 2004 invitation to a SWA pilot interview behind the last one. ;)

Yahtz

P.S. Anyone else have that Tom Petty tune running through your noggan? "...the waitin' is the hardest part...."

Yahtzee,

Sorry, haven't heard any rumors about the on-line app. I mostly just get the line-dog rumor mill; maybe I need to stop by the headquarters & try to sniff out some of the People Department rumors.

I like the "Let's Make a Deal" idea!

Snoopy

Yahtzee said:
Any words on the on-line app sys?

Heard from a CP that the online app will be up soon. Everyone currently with an app in will get a letter telling them they have to re-apply via the online site. The new system will sort apps by qualifications. Requirement for 200 hours in the past 2 years. LOR's will also be weighed strongly but SWA pilot will be tied to the person he recommends to stop any blanket LOR's. No vacancy bid till March. No upgrade class till March. 400 pilots a year for the next 3 years. First class at the end of January. Many on Mil Leave are starting to come back creating a glut of F/O's. New Domicile possibly not until '05. SWAPA doing research on BNA, TPA and LAS as possibilities. At least 1 new city next year. New -700 sim coming soon, when I don't know. Everything I say here is not Official SWA in print so don't quote me ;) Also interview may include the FedEx type scenario where you have 9 minutes to complete a task and grade yourself. Anyone who has been through this can probably tell you more. Still NO sim ride. Good luck everyone:D

Latest resources

Back