Latest on skywest/Coex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jake100,
this is a done deal. The MOU has been finalized. Why don't you talk to your own "bigwigs" and find out the truth if you're so interested.

One of your pilots, Maddog805 wrote:
"It appears you are right and I was wrong. It's gonna be a meet and greet. My bad."

I would listen to him. If you doubt his source, why not PM him? This debate is over. Let's move on.

Oh never mind. I am not going to get into a pissing match.

Last edited:
This might just be a dumb@ss observation from an outsider but in some respects it might be advantageous for a Co pilot to go through a full interview. If folks end up deciding to stay it would one less reason for them to be regarded as a temp worker by SkyWest management and coworkers.

Just a thought.

I agree, not worth the pissing match. We could argue for days on who knows the right rumours. Nothing is final until the guys are sitting in the right seat flying the line. How they get there can be debated over and over with a bunch of "he saids", "I heards", "I know", "my brother's girfriend's mother's late uncle was in my jumpseat" and so on and so forth. When the Coex guys are on the line, then we will know what they had to go through....and then all of us can come back and start the "I told you so" threads. :D

Reading from the letter I received from Jim Nides, Express Director of Flight Operations dated May 30th, 2003:

"New First Officer positions will be offered to furloughed Express pilots...in seniority order...subject to Skywest's objective employment qualifications (for example, minimum flight hours and ability to pass federal security and drug screening requirements)."

I'm thinking "objective" does not mean "subjective" i.e. sim ride, etc...

Not sure how else to interpret this. Seems pretty clear to me. 1000/100/100, a first class medical, and lay off the crack for a month or too, you should be good to go... :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back