latest letter from Flight Options management

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fozzy said:
I thought for sure I would have seen Gary Hart's or Bill Moisture's signature at the end of that letter.

Same crap, different company. Stop reading the company BS. Look for the FUD in the upcoming months. Oh and expect your own personal "family guy" in the near future.

F.U.D.

FEAR
UNCERTAINTY
DOUBT

"management" loves to spread it like butter. Don't fall victim.

Get those fence sitters of their arses and send in those union card!

It is such a shame that all of you spend so much time believing management and not enough time looking for a job. It isn't going to happen. Schedules, raises, better flying conditions, they are LYING!! There are great opportunities availible where you will love flying again. Please do not hesitate to jump ship for this hose job.
I quit and it was the best thing I could have ever done for my family, marriage, mental state, etc.
By the way, they DO NOT CARE, so give zero notice just be sure they have paid for your ticket home first...

FUD is a serious problem that turns up repeatedly when any person or group stands up for their rights.

I talked with an FO pilot several days ago who said that he was "on the fence" about a union. One of his concerns was that the union dues he'd have to pay might wipe out any salary increase the union would get him.

Hopefully his co-workers are a little more forward-thinking in their logic...

Union dues are roughly 1.5 percent of your base salary. As many of the NJ pilots got a 50 percent wage increase, they would find that complaint laughable, Guitar Guy. My husband certainly did. He walked off shaking his head.

Guitar Guy said:
I talked with an FO pilot several days ago who said that he was "on the fence" about a union. One of his concerns was that the union dues he'd have to pay might wipe out any salary increase the union would get him.

Hopefully his co-workers are a little more forward-thinking in their logic...

That pilot should do a little math. He would discover that for everyone, regardless of seat or seniority, union dues at 1.5% will roughly equal 1 day's overtime pay for 6 months of dues. What FO pilot has not already lost more than that through the arbitrary and unilateral "clarifications of policy" that we continue to experience?

Excatly. Also when they get a contract that will pay them a fair wage they will not have to worry about dues.

Can the other frac pilots get a guaranteed pay raise that can't be changed? Will they also be getting a talented group of volunteers that work on their behalf and protect their interests? Do they get a list of fellow pilots who have been trained to handle dealings with the company, have a thorough understanding of the contract, and will be at their side when questions arise? It's not just about money and I doubt you could find many NJ pilots willing to give up their union just to save the price of their dues. They all know that without those dues there wouldn't have been a pay raise anything close to what they got. We all saw the difference between weak union leadership and a strong union. 1108 is setting a good example and those pilots who discuss their futures seriously do understand that there's a lot more to be gained than just a pay raise--as nice as that is. NJW

More radicalistic language

netjetwife said:
Can the other frac pilots get a guaranteed pay raise that can't be changed? Will they also be getting a talented group of volunteers that work on their behalf and protect their interests? Do they get a list of fellow pilots who have been trained to handle dealings with the company, have a thorough understanding of the contract, and will be at their side when questions arise? It's not just about money and I doubt you could find many NJ pilots willing to give up their union just to save the price of their dues. They all know that without those dues there wouldn't have been a pay raise anything close to what they got. We all saw the difference between weak union leadership and a strong union. 1108 is setting a good example and those pilots who discuss their futures seriously do understand that there's a lot more to be gained than just a pay raise--as nice as that is. NJW

All praise Allanetjetwife!

Latest resources

Back