Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jeff G

... "Song Sung Blue". :D

True story. N558JB was flown to the states today and will take on this name by next week. It also has a new tail design, but I haven't seen it yet.

It's the third in a series of names that subtly pokes fun at other airlines. The other two are "Rhapsody in Blue" (after the music used in United's classic ad campaign) and "Canyon Blue" (after Southwest's name for its new paint scheme).

Heh heh heh. I was hoping they'd do this.

Jeff G said:
... "Song Sung Blue". :D

True story. N558JB was flown to the states today and will take on this name by next week. It also has a new tail design, but I haven't seen it yet.

It's the third in a series of names that subtly pokes fun at other airlines. The other two are "Rhapsody in Blue" (after the music used in United's classic ad campaign) and "Canyon Blue" (after Southwest's name for its new paint scheme).

Heh heh heh. I was hoping they'd do this.

(Removed in Fairness), you guys are much more likeable as the underdog.;)

Any airline with only 37 airplanes should try to take it easy on us 600 + 300(RJ) airliners. You might hurt our feelings. Even your Neeleman could only come up with our pay rates as a negative.

I truely wish you the best. I have a few friends at Jblue. But lets not get to cocky there chew baka.:D

Last edited:
Jeff -- You probably could have chosen better words than "poke fun" and it's not polite to gloat. I thank God every day for my job at jetBlue and feel for all the guys I know who are losing their jobs for reasons beyond their control.

That having been said, competition is competition and it is pretty obvious that Song is aimed directly at us. As long as it is all good natured fun, then fine. That's what "Song Sung Blue" is all about--just good natured fun. Don't take it personally.

Amusing....."Fun-poking", or "Gloating" whatever you may term it....Especially at Southwest, the model for LCC's. Pray your Blujet does'nt find itself in a route or market that goes head to head with SWA because you may find yourself "singing a different tune" I guess you might say "It ain't over till the fat lady sings."

Jeez, was that a misfire. I wasn't trying to gloat. I just thought the name was clever and got a chuckle from it, thought someone else might see the humor in it, nothing more. Apologies to anyone who was offended. I'm going back under my rock now. :(

Latest resources

Back