Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wasatch CFI

Katana Conquistador
Anyone have rumors/info regarding: UAL, New-Hire Classes, CRJ deliveries?

Just wondering what was behind their stock rating being raised from "hold" to "buy".

Just wondering what was behind their stock rating being raised from "hold" to "buy".
That's no big thing, it is probably an Investment Firm looking to make a quick buck. Then as everyone starts to jump on the bandwagon they bail out leaving all the day traders deep in debt. It happens all the time on Wall Street.

News seems pretty bleak. Starting to sink in the pool.
Does anyone know who has taken over Ashley's job while she is on maternity leave??

PUKE

P.S. GET WELL ANDY

UNITED GOING BANKRUPT?

WELL SUPPOSEDLY UNITED IS LOSING
$1,000,000/DAY...SOON TO BE CHAPTER
11 IF SO IS THIS BADNEWS FOR SKYWEST AND
OTHER REGIONALS THAT FLY THEIR EXPRESS
ROUTES? OR COULD IT MEAN LITTLE TO THE
STABILITY OF SKYWEST SINCE THEY ARE
A SEPERATE ENTITY???

ANY TAKES WOULD BE APPRECTIATED

Good News HopeFully

Just received this internal message today reminding us to ensure our bids are what we really want. They usually do this before announcing classes, so maybe some of these will run. They just announced two RJ classes 8/19 and 9/9. Below is part of the message I received.

"As a reminder, these classes and class sizes are tentative. CRJ Classes 9/30/02,10/21/02,11/11/02,12/02/02, and 12/30/02 EMB Upgrade 9/9/02 and 10/7/02. EMB New Hire 9/10/02,10/09/02 and 11/05/02.

Good luck to all the poolies out there, hope this gives you some hope.

Sure hope you're right!

That's great potential news. . . The latest rumor I had heard was no hiring/classes for one year.

Do you know how many are in the new hire pool, and if they plan on running smaller new-hire classes like the rumors of several months ago indicated?

Any ideas on when they might resume interviewing?
I attended the open-house fair last spring, and am still patiently awaiting the call.

Skywest???

Now that Skywest is opening up a jet domicile in Tuscon will that lead to more jobs or are they just cashing in Brazillias for more jets? I hear there will be 30 crews 2 pilots/ 1 flight attendant so I guess 60 jobs and that ir will be fully operational by dec. 2002. So does any one know what that will mean for hiring?

I too went to the March job fair in LA passed the written, got the "You will be interviewed e-mail" and have not heard anything.

I keep updating every 90 days and keep hoping! I feel that it won't kill me to build more time and experience but somethings got to give!

Also if anyone knows whats the deal with Scenic in LAS? I have heard that a lot of pilots that work there end up at Skywest eventually. Was up in Valle N. AZ recently and saw 5 twin otters parked do they just fix em there or are they in storage?

Hey "><><><", the last you wrote, you hadn't even received the email that you passed the writtens at the job fair. Did you get the notice finally?

Barondriver,

Yep, I got it three or four weeks after the fair. So I guess now we just wait and see what happens regarding their hiring.

Was told today by Hr that calls will go out monday for classes starting sept 10 and also in October. Im glad to be one of the fellow new hires starting Sept 10. Good luck to all.

Latest resources

Back