• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest from SWA??......2/12/02

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Info on class reduction size & why....1/4 of an inch!! Sometimes inches do matter.

Was told by CP the -300 Texas sim had a new visual put in it but for the same guys who did the Hubble satelite did the installation & the result is the visual was off by 1/4 of inch & had to be de-certified resulting in a shortage of sims. This result has cause an unexpected backup & the initial fix was to cut the class size in Feb but it was too late. Classes that weren't full yet, those in March are being cut back to 20 to lessen the load. An extra class in March or another class down the road will make up for the temporary reduction. Sim should be back up in less than a month.

Other news. In reference to my other comment above about those who aren't recommended by the interview team for hiring. Those packages are still reviewed by the DB. The interview recommendation can be overturned for reasons that may probably include a combination of the following factors; letters of recommendation--quality & quantity, comments made to DB reps about candidates (other than LORs, verbal recommendations), amount of flying time & quality of it, other outside factors. Since you won't know if you were recommended or not it become a moot point but just so folks don't think it is hopeless if the interview is tubed there is an out. Also packages that are turned down early in the day are often looked at later in the day when some perspective to who has & hasn't been chosen can be reviewed. This prevents someone who might get through the process later in the day beating out someone who got turned down earlier in the day when everyone was fresher...more time to think about someone. As my source said, we won't to hire everyone!

Advanced bookings look good. Lots of FOs are going through upgrade that aren't even capable of holding a Capt line or Lance Capt line. My opinion, the company is preparing for a surge in demand for Capts & will have them ready when we expand later this year in a rapid fashion. Having ready made Capts around is required before FOs.

Decision Boards will increase from 1 in Feb to at least 2 in March & maybe even 3. This will speed the notification process up tremendously & lessen the load for DB reps so they don't have to look at nearly 300 applicants as they are in Feb.

Hang in there. Good luck to all.

chase

Extra March Class

Anyone heard any rumors of when the added March class might be, any guesses as to when they'll go official?

Decision Boards

Decision Boards will increase from 1 in Feb to at least 2 in March & maybe even 3. This will speed the notification process up tremendously & lessen the load for DB reps so they don't have to look at nearly 300 applicants as they are in Feb.

Now, THAT is a great idea. For all of you who have previously, and those of us who are currently counting the time to the decision board you know how long this process seems when it lasts 6-8 weeks. It's inhumane.

Any reduction in the time the process takes will be welcome. If I were asked to write an after action report on the process (from my perspective) this would be my number 1 issue.

Feb 20th is finally just around the corner. Almost time to hide my mailbox so I don't get any unwanted mail next week!

Good luck to all!

Okay, if I interviewed on 2/12/02 and they're adding extra DBs, anyone's guess which one I might meet? I'll worry about class dates right after a hear from them!

A dollar to the guy with the right answer...

I haven't heard of the dates for DB in March (I'm sure folks who are interviewing now are being told when it is) but the timing from a DB to phone call to class is still a sport resembling guessing the next lottery winner. The good news is the waiting will be less to be told one is hired or not hired. I suspect your class date will still be 2-3 months from the DB. Best guess.

MARCH DECISION BOARDS 3/13 & 3/26

I inteviewed on Monday 2/18
They told my group 6 - 8 weeks for a final decision.
And that our info would go to either a 3/13 or 3/26 DB.
But there was going to be 2 DB's in March.
They weren't sure which DB would review our info.

Good luck to all

Rich

Latest resources

Back